Sign in to follow this  

basic carb tuning ??

I just got my wideband commander wired up and working. I should now be able with help from experts on here to get my carb dialed in correctly. My question is if I had it perfect today with the air temp in the 50s how much change with I see on the gauge when the air temp reaches say 80 degrees? Will the change be consistant across the rpms or does it take alot more adjusting?

I pulled off my right side panel for the first time sense my bike had been to dealer to be jetted by a so called "expert" and found this..http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/00drz/motorcycle31107021.jpg

am I going have a hard time getting this adjusted correctly with this much of the side missing? I have holes in the access cover to filter but didn't realize that it was that opened up. There are used ones on ebay all the time would you recommend just replacing it?

I will be bothering you for more info as soon as I get my side panels back, I am getting some decals made. thanks for the help

The only concern I would have with that side being cut out is would the hot air from the exhaust effect the performance? I'm glad I'm not the only one who shouldnt own a dremel tool.