Sign in to follow this  

Young boy killed in motocross accident...

.........and only 5 years old. My prayers go out to the family. This is a parents worst nightmare.

Thats terrible... not only does it tear apart the family and cause an immense amount of grief. But the rider who landed on the kid must feel terrible.

Thats terrible... not only does it tear apart the family and cause an immense amount of grief. But the rider who landed on the kid must feel terrible.

Man I didn't even think about that. Think about living with that one on your shoulders. Terrible story.

Very sad. I'll keep the family in my thoughts and prayers.

wow that is terrible. that little fella was out there for his first time and gets killed. godspeed

just the thought of 5 year old enjoying life, suddenly ended because of a fatal accident, makes me sad.....

Really sad. It's a big reminder to take it easy and go slow around the little guys when riding open practice. You should always roll the jumps when approaching a young rider.

I wonder how the father feels after the fact knowing that he got his son into MX only to be killed...I say this because I have a 5yr old as well who is ate up with going to the track. I am not sure that I could live with myself if something like that happened to my little man. Prayers go out to this family...

i dont know exactly what happened but i dont think under any circumstances should any big bikes or anyone airing out jumps should be ridng with 5 yr olds. it just doesnt make any sense exacly for this reason.i personally dont like going to open practice cuz the track is packed with all different size bikes and skill levels of rider and i mean the track is packed always, its just like something bad is waiting to happen. my prayers go out to this family and the familys of anyone else who is grieving over any tragedy like this.

i dont know exactly what happened but i dont think under any circumstances should any big bikes or anyone airing out jumps should be ridng with 5 yr olds. it just doesnt make any sense exacly for this reason.i personally dont like going to open practice cuz the track is packed with all different size bikes and skill levels of rider and i mean the track is packed always, its just like something bad is waiting to happen. my prayers go out to this family and the familys of anyone else who is grieving over any tragedy like this.

As I was reading this thread, my thoughts were exactly the same as yours. My son is 5 and loves the track. But, the last few times that we rode at a local track, there were 12-13 year olds practically jumping OVER him during the kids sessions. Way too dangerous...so now we trail ride only. If he wants to race later, so be it. But I can't think of a more senseless and preventable way to die than having a bigger bike land on top of you. Also, letting youngsters like that on a track w/o flaggers is a disaster waiting to happen.

After having an epic day of riding today with my 8 yo daughter and 5 yo son (and several friends),my heart is very heavy for this little guys family.:applause:

These things are just terrible. My son has had great success the past 2 years racing on minis and 65s, but we have decided not to race this year. After watching a couple of kids leave the track in helicopters (they eventually recovered) and a lot of soul searching, I just lost my nerve. He wants to race, but it is more important to be alive and healthy. We may try some harescrambles later this year. I realize they have dangers as well, but at least they don't have a bunch of kids inches apart flying over big jumps.

God bless his innocent soul...way to go, cody!!! you're safer now in God's hand than anyone of us still here

That has got to be the worst thing for anyone who takes kids riding on any sort of regular basis. It's the worst thing that could possibly happen.

That's just unimaginable. And it brings up the inner struggle all of us parents on this board feel every day. I watched my son rip around the yard on his crf50 yesterday and enjoyed every minute of it -- except the two times he went down. He's getting quite aggressive and is becoming a good rider, but takes lots of chances. I helped him up and dusted him off, and he just smiled and said, "I'm okay Dad." I didn't buy my first dirtbike until I was 30, and wanted him to have things I didn't. I realize that he could just as easily fall out of a tree and get hurt, as he could on the dirtbike (hell, the only broken bone he has had so far was a broken arm at school on the monkeybars --imagine going to school to pick up your kid to take him to the e.r. with a bone looking way out of whack). Still, I worry. He, too, has wanted to race, and I have kept him from it, and the dad in me will probably keep him from it as long as I can. It's funny, as a dad, you swell up with pride watching him hit jumps in the yard and climb hills, but the sensible parent side of you (not the Tim Allen Home Improvement side), worries your self sick. I pray for the child's family and hope he has found peace on the other side.