Sign in to follow this  

HELP...WR250F Needs Lowered

I know some people have said that to not use a linkage to lower the bike, but I am NOT going to spend a bunch just to re-work the suspension. Those who have used the linkage to lower your bike, how did you like it and where do I find one? I just raced my FIRST hare scramble and it is just too tall for me to handle it like I want to, especially on the icy conditions we had today. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.....Brian:ride:

I lowered mine and it really helped. I still have to tilt the bike to get on and off but I can at least touch the ground when I'm sitting on it. It was pretty pricey...very easy to install...and worth it to me. The place I got mine is called Mountain Motorsports (208) 476-3024 you can link to their website through the Kuba link website. kuba doesn't make a link for the WR250. Hope this helps.

Thank you soooo much. I'm 5'6" and I love my bike, but it is just too tall. I already cut some foam out of the seat and that helped quite a bit, just not enough. Thanks again!!!

We have the MMS link on my wifes 250F. Its definitely worth the money! She is 5'5". Here a pic of her sitting on it with the link.

SSL10456.jpg

I know some people have said that to not use a linkage to lower the bike, but I am NOT going to spend a bunch just to re-work the suspension. Those who have used the linkage to lower your bike, how did you like it and where do I find one? I just raced my FIRST hare scramble and it is just too tall for me to handle it like I want to, especially on the icy conditions we had today. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.....Brian:ride:

Too bad you're not closer to me here in Cali. I have lowered a bunch of bikes, and have it down pretty good. Unlike the links though, I can tailor make oit for you. You want 1 in, no problem, you want 3 in, no prob. The link only lowers the rear of the bike, and in order for you not to mess the steering up you need to lower the front by the same amount so the bike stays level and balanced. And if you do the lowering inside the shock/forks you get a service at the same time too.

Good Luck!!!

Anyone lowering their WR and needs a shorter kick stand, I have one to swap if possible. PM me if interested. Ciao JP

how do you do it

I take apart the forks and add a spacer between the rebound piston and the top of the rebound chamber, limiting the extension of the fork leg.

I take the shock apart and put a spacer between the compression piston and the seal head, limiting the travel of the shock.

I just lowered my 04 WR250f, so much better. I'm 5'6"; I got a link from Storm Racing (in the '07 Tucker Rocky book or www.stormracing.com). It is different than the Mountain Motorsports link in that it is just longer dog bones, not a revised link. I upped my preload 2 turns at the shock. I also had the seat cut 1", and lowered the forks almost 1".

It is a ton better in the tight stuff where I need to touch the ground from time to time, and still soaks the bumps just fine. No ground clearance issues yet.

I just want to thank everyone for your help......it sure sucks sometimes to be short!!! hahahaha I had already lowered my seat by cutting some of the foam out which helped a lot, but yesterday when it was icy out during the scramble, I needed more lowering to be able to control better. Thanks again!! Brian