Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400E Fast Idle

02 400e

Hey..I'm new to DRZ's and having a problem woth getting the fast idle to settle down. Whenever I come to a stop or need to idle, it idles fast and eventully settles down or comes down if I load the engine to bring it down to normal. I have a ktm with a similar carb and it idles consistanly every time.

Is there a fix for this?

Assuming you have checked the throttle cables for any problems :lol:

It sounds like a "hanging idle" caused by a lean fuel mixture on the primary jet/fuel screw circuit.

Adjust the fuel screw, and confirm the pilot jet is the correct size.

Neil. :applause::lol::eek:

Assuming you have checked the throttle cables for any problems :lol:

It sounds like a "hanging idle" caused by a lean fuel mixture on the primary jet/fuel screw circuit.

Adjust the fuel screw, and confirm the pilot jet is the correct size.

Neil. :applause::lol::eek:

Thanks Planning to install the JD kit...

Mine does the same thing. I've installed a JD jet kit, removed the coast enrichment valve thingy the burned way, and tryed turning the fuel screw out and it still does it. It's aggravating but I don't know what else to do, there is no problem with the cable.

I also have the same problem.Dont think it's the cables,since I swapped the E cables on it and it does the same thing.Gotta play with the fuel screw some more(which is a PITA!).I sure hope I can get this thing fixed,cause I love how it runs off idle.