Sign in to follow this  

White Brothers R4 Pipe

Okay well I've got a White Bors R4 pipe on my 02 TTR 125l. Today I was doing an oil change for the new season and I started to fool around with the silencer. I took off the silencer and took out the fiber glass packing inside (wrapped around the spark arrestor). Now I was thinking to myself, hmm does the pipe really need this? taking it out would certainly make it louder and give it a bit more power right? Okay well now im really wondering if it was such a good idea?:applause:

hmm... id say that's probably the worst thing u could do for ur bike other than not putting oil in it or changing the air filter... it kills ur low end torque [as said in the above], makes it sound TERRIBLE [certainly not like a "healthy" bike], and it makes the bike run rich which means u need to jet it correctly or its gonna ruin ur carb.... u should put the silencer material back in ASAP and the spark arrestor as well because u can go more places with it... remember that this bike was MADE for the spark arrestor/fiber glass to be inside the silencer and will not work properly it uses both of these [unless u have an aftermarket exhaust that is designed for it]

Sounds good thanks. Yah I'm puttin it back in as soon as I can get my but out of this chair.