Sign in to follow this  

need a good mechanic in Portland

If it is just the top end needing a rebuild do it yourself. Seriously, my dog could do it. It's super simple and you'll be proud when you get it done. if you must have someone else do it almost anyone can do it for you.

Seriously, my dog could do it. It's super simple and you'll be proud when you get it done. if you must have someone else do it almost anyone can do it for you.

Have Kelly's dog do it. It's super simple and he'll be proud when he gets it done.

He's a little short but I'll get him a bike stand. I was not trying to be an ass just trying to save the dude some $$$

K

He's a little short but I'll get him a bike stand. I was not trying to be an ass just trying to save the dude some $$$

K

:applause::lol: :lol:

See my digger vid yet?

:applause::lol: :lol:

See my digger vid yet?

No, where is it?

Kent, i have to say you have become a very good and smooth rider, I'm surprised you crashed on that but then again sometime those slick logs grab ya :applause:

Ginger creek or somewhere else?

K

Kent, i have to say you have become a very good and smooth rider, I'm surprised you crashed on that but then again sometime those slick logs grab ya :applause:

Ginger creek or somewhere else?

K

GC, up around the top of Bayle's Creek...not far at all from On Any Sunday.

Yeah, I lofted the wheel a tad for the first log and thought I'd roll the next one as it was so small. Front tire slid down the angled one - probably would've saved it but it hit the last one and slid on that one too. And after all the snow we ran through from the rigs to the top of Bultaco Hill. Talk about slip and slide. Whatever. Must have been funny to watch...

Need a mechanic to rebuild a 2001 KX85.. any referals?

I have a KX80 for my oldest son:) If you want to do this yourself but are a little hesitant,,, bring the bike over sometime and we can do that top end over a few beers.

Joe.........

OK, here is the deal. 2 strokes are not hard, BUT... we bought the bike used. It never shifted right. So I pulled it all apart and found that the previous owner granaded a clutch. Clutch plate parts were all over the place. So I split the cases, and cleaned everything out. Did not replace the main bearings. New top end, all new suspension bearings, changed the fork oil, and greased the stem bearings. Basicaly, figured I would have a new bike for him. Fired up first kick. We went to hindsight yesterday and after about 30 min of riding it is making a very bad noise.

I got my daughter a 04 RM 125 and the thurst washer disinegrated on the crank. So I just got done rebuilding her entire bike. New hot rod crank, top end, all suspension bearings. Have not fired it up yet cause I have to get the bearings out of the linkage arm. Now I am afraid to fire this bike up.

So, either I am a dumb ass (probably), but I am pissed and not looking to do it all over again.

GC, up around the top of Bayle's Creek...not far at all from On Any Sunday.

Yeah, I lofted the wheel a tad for the first log and thought I'd roll the next one as it was so small. Front tire slid down the angled one - probably would've saved it but it hit the last one and slid on that one too. And after all the snow we ran through from the rigs to the top of Bultaco Hill. Talk about slip and slide. Whatever. Must have been funny to watch...

It was kinda entertaining watching you slip and slide on that trials tire, since I knew for once it wasn't me that was having traction problems!:applause: (new knobbies rule in snow!)

Kadus-I'm willing to give you a hand, and have the whole week free except for Thursday-can't gauruntee I'll find the culprit, but sometime's 2 heads are better than 1.

Thanks to all who offered help.

Was going to pull the bike apart today. Pulled the left side cover off and the fly wheel fell out. I swear I toruqed that bolt down. Anyway, when my son fell, it must have been enough force to pop the flywheel off. Put it back on and all is good.

Thanks to all who offered help.

Was going to pull the bike apart today. Pulled the left side cover off and the fly wheel fell out. I swear I toruqed that bolt down. Anyway, when my son fell, it must have been enough force to pop the flywheel off. Put it back on and all is good.

Did you dab a little loc-tite on the threads? Bolts like those I always use a little insurance.

Glad to hear it's back up and running, and super cheap too!:applause: