Jackson Cty, WI (Crawford Hills) Ride May 18-20

Alright all, There has been some talk around the forum about meeting at Crawford Hills on the opening weekend May 18-20.

Here is a link to the area:

http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/forestry/forestry.html

This is an informal meeting and riders of all skill levels are welcome!! You will however need a Jackson Cty sticker and an USFS approved S/A. Again, details are available on the site listed above.

Who's in??:applause:

1. KTM 300

2. VB Racing

3. Storm 800

4. Papalobster (Sat)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
So, I guess it is just the 3 of us.. VB, did you get your bike plated yet??

Kinda....:eek:

I actually ended up with a different bike than I was originally getting. I picked up an 03 WR450 for a great price!! I have a plate on it, but I still have to jump thru some hoops to get it legal. I am getting antsy already to go riding, I will probably get a few more people up there opening weekend.:applause:

Dave

Storm,

You don't need a plated bike. I will not be riding any roads at all. i will be riding the ATV and MC trails, probably mostly MC. You will have to stop and get a Jackson Cty trail sticker, however. Have you been up to Jackson county yet??

Dave

Been there done that a lot. I am on a mission to get that thing plated. Dont know why but I want too. Cant wait for may! Can ya still get stickers in City Point? I hope to trade shifts for Friday for days instead of second shift. May even be a sick day. Just ordered a new enclosed trailer so hopefully it will be in by then.

Later

Jeff

Been there done that a lot. I am on a mission to get that thing plated. Dont know why but I want too. Cant wait for may! Can ya still get stickers in City Point? I hope to trade shifts for Friday for days instead of second shift. May even be a sick day. Just ordered a new enclosed trailer so hopefully it will be in by then.

Later

Jeff

I don't know about stickers in City Point.. I usually get mine at the bar in Pray.:applause: If you would like, I have some tips for plating bikes. If you are interested send me a PM.

Shawn

• 3 weeks later...

DARN IT!!! I wanted to join you guys up there...But in checking our calendar we have a mini-race that Saturday and then the Atwater TT (RGN Series) the following Sunday. Wish we could have been there. Hopefully we can get another group to go up again later in the summer????

Count me as tentative. I'll be riding in the UP (Newberry area, Pine Ridge and Two-Heart trails)the weekend prior, and hopefully nuthin will break on me or the bike.

As far as the plating issue, I've done a dirt model DR350 and my current 96 300 EXC has plates, so it's not impossible! Now, having plates and being street legal are 2 completely different things!