Sign in to follow this  

CRF450R front wheel on a CRF450X???

hey,

wondering if it is possible to put a CRF450R front wheel on a 2005 CRF450X using the spacers from the 450R? Is the spacing between the forks the same? I realize there is no odometer drive on the 450R so I would lose that function but that doesn't matter.

I want to get a second set of wheels to make the bike streetable without tearing up my dirt tires. I have the 2nd rear wheel but am looking for a front and if I can use a 450R wheel I'll have more to choose from....

appreciate any insights, thanks

hey,

wondering if it is possible to put a CRF450R front wheel on a 2005 CRF450X using the spacers from the 450R? Is the spacing between the forks the same? I realize there is no odometer drive on the 450R so I would lose that function but that doesn't matter.

I want to get a second set of wheels to make the bike streetable without tearing up my dirt tires. I have the 2nd rear wheel but am looking for a front and if I can use a 450R wheel I'll have more to choose from....

appreciate any insights, thanks

It will work

The differance between the R and the X is in the axle, and dust seal,on the R and Front wheel drive, Hub slots, and axle on the X.

All You Need Is Another Rotor Side Spacer On The Side That Had The Speedo And You Can Use The X Axle.

can anyone confirm if you need just the spacers? of if you need a new axle to do this swap?

It appears to me, that all you would need is the spacer. The axles appear to be the same.

Also, are there any special dust seals needed, or just everything from the R model? I am doing this swap right now.

You either have to use the R axle and spacer

OR

You can use the X axle and TWO aluminum "non odo drive side" spacers. Keep in mind that you will loose the ability to keep the odo on your X with an R hub. You will also need to purchase a dust seal for X front wheel if you plan on swapping back and forth between the X and R wheel as the odo drive spacer eliminates the need for the traditional dust seal.

cool thanks. I will be starting a thread soon about my latest 450R that i am stealing all the good stuff off of for my X!

So, what I have is a complete 450R with excell wheels.....and a complete (mine) 450X with stock wheels. AND a set of aftermarket wheel spacers for a 450R.

What I want to do, is put the 450R excel wheels on my bike....and put my stockers on the 450R (which I plan on selling)

i dont mind losing the odometer since I use an hour meter anyway. whats the best plan of action? put the odometer on the r? ;) swap axles? use the stock and aftermarket spacers on the X?

Edited by dieselndixie