Sign in to follow this  

Think you don't need the Leatt-Brace? Think again...

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this or not. If it is I'm sure it'll be moved to the correct forum. Anyways, tragedy struck today at the track I was riding at and it actually happened to one of my best friends and fellow mototalker MrRubenstein who's real name is Cody Denney. His post count isn't enormous but his love for our sport was. He just got a 07 YZ450 and had it out to the track for the first time today. Unfortunately he came up short on a arenacross like small double and went over the bars onto his head and fractured his neck. I don't know the technical details but he broke his neck and has spinal injuries. They say that he will be paralyzed from the neck down but maybe will be able to move his arms and maybe his biceps. He is going into surgery Wednesday though, so maybe things will get better. This was honestly the worst day of my life, it's so incredibly crazy and this has blown my mind. Writing this is tough for me to do but I just think that people should realize what the Leatt Brace can do, and as of this morning I was going to get one this winter. Now, if I feel like riding again I'm going FIND a way to get the money and get a Leatt Brace on order. I do really want to ride again but it may take awhile because this will always be in the back of my mind. So please keep Cody in your prayers, and if you don't pray then hope for the best and keep him in your thoughts.

• Like 1

Wow im sorry to hear about your friend. Ill definately say a prayer for him tonight. Best wishes to Cody and his family.

This isn't the thread to have an argument (everyone), so I wont voice any of my opinions and hope nobody else does.

But I'm really sorry about your buddy, hope the best for him with his surgery.

Very sorry to hear that. Very sobering tragedy. I wish him and his family the best.

I hope he gets better... Sorry man...

After I won one, I've talked all my friends into getting them... Most, as in 6, of my riding buddys have them on order... Everybody should have one of these.

Sorry about your friend. My thoughts are with him and his family tonight.

I agree about Leatt braces, everyone should have one. I just ordered mine on Saturday.

If you dont have a Leatt brace you will die!!! No joke.

Well, apparently that's what everyone else thinks.

That one is not in the least bit funny Youngster.............:applause:

So sad one of my and Im sure everyone thats rides biggest fears. I have already ordered my leatt. Will it prevent this who knows but guys it cant hurt. Ill keep his and his family in my prayers

That one is not in the least bit funny Youngster.............:applause:

Apparently you have not seen all of the other 812 threads about the Leatt. I guess it must be true that you will crash and get paralyzed if you don't have one of these.

Apparently you have not seen all of the other 812 threads about the Leatt. I guess it must be true that you will crash and get paralyzed if you don't have one of these.

I am more so up on the leatt brace more than I care to get into here. All I was saying is this brace is still new but an option for the racers to ponder. Any advancement, in a manner of speaking, towards the safety of the racer should be taken alittle seriously and not lightly out of respect towards all our guys that are dealing with racing mishaps from earlier years.

• Like 1

Now the question is, if he was wearing one would he still had the same injuries. :applause:

sorry to hear this buddy, i know somone that had a simalar thing happen to them, hope he is allright

Now the question is, if he was wearing one would he still had the same injuries. :applause:

The million dollar ? and a very good one.

My heart goes out to you and your friend! hang in there! Let us know how surgery goes.

Thanks for all the support guys, this has been really hard for the family and friends of Cody, it took all I had to keep from crying at the track while waiting for the ambulance to get there because from what I saw it was obvious the injury was very bad. Would the Leatt Brace have helped, we'll never know and I probably shouldn't have had the Leatt Brace in the thread title so this wouldn't turn into a debate on the brace. I just wanted others to know about the accident and to keep Cody in their thoughts and prayers. I'm about to head down to Springfield to see how he is doing. I'm not sure what all they are doing for him since his surgery isn't until Wednesday. I guess I'll know more when I get back tonight. Again thanks for all your support for Cody.

So, if the ''Leatt Neck BRACE'' was non-existant, would you have started this thread?

Injuries happen. We take the risk, and we have to be willing to pay the price if it goes wrong. Hope he recovers well.