Sign in to follow this  

boiling over.

hey guys, i have a 06 kxf250 and ive been boiling coolant.i have a rocket exhaust wich is properly jetted and i just put a 1.6 cap on. all it takes is about 5 min running time and it will start to come out of the over flow:thumbsdn: .any ideas whould be helpfull-thank you

is there any leak?

there are a quite a few ways to fix this problem...

no leaks, all the gaskets are in good condition.coolant will just spit out once its starts to get hot.

how's the jetting? does it seem like the temp of the bike has increased?

a lean mix can cause the bike to over heat...and cause internal damage.....

if the coolant just seeps out the overflow, that means that you overfilled the rad (most likely) and when it gets hot, the fluid expands, and then goes out of the pressure relief valve in the rad cap... and you shouldn't let your bike idle for over 4-5 minutes, then you risk overheating it.

no believe me the gaskets are good. this bike is very well maintained.

Just one suggestion.... MIGHT be the gead gasket... just had to change mine on my 04 KX250F.. they kid i got it from took excelent care of it... but it could have happened just from not tightening the head studs enough... Had no milky colored oil either.... hope it helps :applause:

I would have to agree that unless you have an air leak somewhere and the jetting is ok then it may well be the head gasket. I had a similar problem on a sports bike that did exactly the same when it got up to running temp. And there were no tell tail signs of milky oil. In this instance the hot exhaust gas’s leaked and escaped into the coolant system causing it to pressurise and overheat. It would then spit out most of its coolant!

Replaced this and the problem was instantly sorted. Hope this helps.