05RMZ450 plug issues

I started the bike today in the garage after a week or so, and it barely wanted to idle with the choke out. I tried turning the choke up, but the bike died. After a long time of cussing and kicking, I tried a new plug. The bike started up 1st kick, but still sounded like :applause: so I tried turning up the idle again. It died, and end results fouled another one of those $13 plugs. Anyone out there have any ideas as to why im fouling plugs now. BTW, this just started happening, bike usually runs fine.

I started the bike today in the garage after a week or so, and it barely wanted to idle with the choke out. I tried turning the choke up, but the bike died. After a long time of cussing and kicking, I tried a new plug. The bike started up 1st kick, but still sounded like :applause: so I tried turning up the idle again. It died, and end results fouled another one of those $13 plugs. Anyone out there have any ideas as to why im fouling plugs now. BTW, this just started happening, bike usually runs fine.

You may have got some junk in the carb, clogging the jets. Start there.

same thing happened to me this weekend! Now I have a popeye leg! Fouled that damn plug Oh and right after all the shops closed for the weekend!

I also think i had bad gas, but i found a seed in my carb bowl.

Why dont they sell these plugs at Autozone?? The one time i dont have a plug handy! To be honest in the 5 yrs i have owned 4 strokes this is only the second plug i fouled!

Now my sons 2t is another story!

Have you cleaned your air filter lately? One time i left a paper towel in the rubber boot and it got sucked into the carb, causing the slide to be held open a lil bit. Fouled 2 plugs before i figured it out. That will make ya feel like a friggin idiot i tell ya!! good luck:ride:

Have you cleaned your air filter lately? One time i left a paper towel in the rubber boot and it got sucked into the carb, causing the slide to be held open a lil bit. Fouled 2 plugs before i figured it out. That will make ya feel like a friggin idiot i tell ya!! good luck:ride:
HAHA, you are an :applause: hole. Bike is fixed, thanks tmhook your a genius.:eek:

what did you do to fix it?

was it just a fouled plug? or bad gas or what?

To save what pride I have left I would rather not say. I rented the indoor track for this coming friday night, and HAD to have my bike fixed. Soo I rushed it down to the mx shop(they were VERY busy, and the line was LOOOONG for bikes to be fixed) I asked them to push my bike to the front of the line (knowing there would be a price tag, to go with that). Someone forgot to pull the rag out of my airbox boot. I was cleaning my air filter and stuffed a rag in there to keep it clean while the filter dried. When I find someone to blame for this, they will owe me the $80 it cost to have it removed at the shop.:applause: