Sign in to follow this  

CR250 as good as a 125?

I am racing my 250F but will also be getting a CR250 as a 2nd bike. Now the 125s are know to make good riders by teaching good habits. My question is: Will the CR250 be as good and as fun to make me use good technique and make me a better 250F racer? Or is it only 125s?

Im sure riding any 2-smoke will improve your 4-stroke riding its just that a 125 you have to carry speed better as you dont have the imediate power whenever you need it

125. The body english and tap dancing lessons will be of great practice.

Keep a 125 on the pipe and you are doing well.

125. The body english and tap dancing lessons will be of great practice.

Keep a 125 on the pipe and you are doing well.

Oh well, I'll keep the CR250 on the pipe cause I need that extra power. :applause:

I used to ride a 05 yz250f last year and changed in november to a 06 yz250 2stroke. I had no idea how much faster I was untill I hoped on a 06 yz250f the other day. Has reallly taught me to be a better ride.

Cool, that's what i wanted to hear. :applause: Did you had any trouble going back and forth? How more powerful does the 250 feels like?

I went from a CR 250 to a CRF 450, and I miss my smoker. I'm faster on the 4 stoke, but making that litlte 250 scream and thrashing the clutch was a blast. A 125 would most likely teach you more, but a 250 2stoke is blast to own.

250s are tottal different than 125s, im sure it will help your riding some, but they are completly different bikes. 125s are tricky since you can't pull 3rd gear through a turn because theres not enough power. SO you have to be in 2nd and then sometimes out of a turn you have to be in 3rd to clear it but you cant shift fast enough enless you hit the turn really fast. But 250s you can keep it in 2nd since 2nd is fast enough to clear it. or you can put it in 3rd the whole time (still wont bog) or 2nd then shift to 3rd all will work on a 250. Basiclly the lack of power FORCES you to be more agressive. I didnt realize that till i got a 125.

So if you really want to be a better rider get a 125.

Oh and as for power on a 250. Itll make you hold on tight, on a 250f or a 125 you can just sit there and not slide off the fender. On the 250 it makes you hold on. If you do get a 250 get a gripper seat

250s are tottal different than 125s, im sure it will help your riding some, but they are completly different bikes. 125s are tricky since you can't pull 3rd gear through a turn because theres not enough power. SO you have to be in 2nd and then sometimes out of a turn you have to be in 3rd to clear it but you cant shift fast enough enless you hit the turn really fast. But 250s you can keep it in 2nd since 2nd is fast enough to clear it. or you can put it in 3rd the whole time (still wont bog) or 2nd then shift to 3rd all will work on a 250. Basiclly the lack of power FORCES you to be more agressive. I didnt realize that till i got a 125.

So if you really want to be a better rider get a 125.

This is an old thread. I have a 250 now. :thumbsup:

ohh lol

like it?

Not really, for now at least. There's an air leak I need to fix. :thumbsup:

Is it lot's of fun to ride? Mine is the most fun bike I've rode.

Is it lot's of fun to ride? Mine is the most fun bike I've rode.
Like is said, for now, no. Once I fix it, I'll see.