Sign in to follow this  

car oil in my 07 crf250r?

Buying motorcycle oil and changing it as often as i do is killing me!!!

Is it ok to just run 10w-40 in each side, just the cheap stuff from the auto parts store?

I change the oil everytime i ride????

NO NO and NO, that is not good... Pick up some Pennzoil outdoor motorcycle 10w40 and 20w50, 10w40 when cooler, 20w50 when hot. No need for expensive synthetics, stuff is pretty cheap and protects your motor, I use it in engine and trans. Change the engine every 3-4 hours and trans every 15 tops... Whatever you do just make sure it is motorcycle specific... If you want to use a car oil, get some shell rotella, 15w50, or 10w40 (whatever the weight is)

Oh alright

I change it every night when i get home from the track

only shell rotella?

any other brand for car oil?

how cheap is that stuff?

dnt, unless ur bike allows the same oil to be used for the engine and tranny....kawi bikes are designed that way.....dnt think honda's are....y do change the oil so much?

I get a new bike every year, it just keeps everything nicer inside, because in the past i used to change it every 4, right b4 i would give my old to the honda shop, something would go wrong, i just do it to be safe

If you can affored to get a new bike every year, why are you cheaping out on the oil? that makes no sense to me whatsoever??????

Just run Pro-honda oil. GN4 is good stuff and really isnt too expensive. Buy it by the case and its even cheaper. Thats what i do, i will buy a case of GN4 10w-40 and a case of 20W-50 for the trans. And a whole bunch of filters.

I ride and race alot, so it is necssary, i ride for the local honda shop so i get a discount, but it is still expensive!!!!

Thanks for all the info guys