Sign in to follow this  

17 in. wheels for CRF 150...

Does anyone here know of any for sale? I need a complete used set, if I can find them. TIA...

i think whats hes trying to say is that the CRF150 comes stock with 19 front and 16" rear wheels

so you will need to find another alternative such as a CR85

I was contemplating buying a set of ebay stocker wheels for the hubs, and then lacing up some 17 in rims, but it would almost cost the same as the trick stuff. Maybe I'll just spoon on some road rubber, and go racing with what I have. Not my first choice, but better than not getting to run it this season?...

Where are you in Texas? I'm in Austin...

I have a 100 with 17's and a 150 with 17's... I chose excel wheels and talon hubs...

I went crazy with the 150... 450 brakes front and rear... too much stuff to list... Motor is out right now.

Do you have a stock front end on yours?

Lot's of folks run road rubber on the stock wheels and do well... All depends on what your are doing with it...

Where are you planning on racing... CMRA? or Flattrack stuff in Houston?

I'm in Lumberton, just north of Beaumont. I have the Cr 85 suspension on my 150, and am doing the motor next. I was wanting to go racing with the Texas mini GP guys, they race all over the state, and some in Oklahoma. I went to the last race at Katy last season, and pitted for my old riding buddy from Dallas. His girlfriend owns Moto Liberty up there, and kinda supports his racing. Anyway, the motard class looked like something I could really get into, as I just aquired this 150 and got interested in tricking it out. (I can't leave nuthin alone :applause: Jack also gave me a YSR 50 rolling chassis, and I'm looking for a motor for that bike as well. You should come race with us! I am looking for a complete 100 to dirt track/play on, but would prefer something already done. ( I have too many projects already LOL)...

would anyone guess as a tire you could run on the stock wheels, and work on concrete?...

Bridgestone makes a battle axe that will mount up and Michelin makes a tire called a macadam... both hook up well... be sure to run lower than normal tire pressures... 18 rear and 20 up front is a good place to start...

I didn't know TMGP would let a 150 compete... I thought 125 was the max...

I run CMRA... my 150 is a bit over 150

I have a 2001 xr100 already set up with 17 and a full suspension for an adult... I'm not running it anymore. It needs a valve job.

PM me if your interested...

XL 200 front end

Works rear shock and fully braced swing arm

BBR frame cradle

Kitaco ignition and High Output coil

ATX200 carb and 1/4 turn throttle

Moose 1 1/8 fatty bars

Excel 17" wheels front is 2.75 rear is 3.5 (black in color)

Sporting a set of Bridgestone slicks right now... 9 on a scale of 10

Plenty of spares... even a motor with an engine stand...

jmac_wheelie.jpg

Yep... short course there is 1.8 miles... We recently removed the Armco wall in 8a... I'm looking forward to running the track this year... Short and long coarse...

Now that the owner has passed away it's for sale... The management said the will honor this years agreements but truth be told... Next year it will probably be torn down... So much needs to be done to bring it up to par and the way that area is developing.... There is more money to be made by selling lots and building homes or strip malls...

Oh well... 3 other road coarses have been built in the last 2 years... I'll ride anywhere they'll let me.

jasonathallett1.jpg

That abomination killed more than one rider that I know of, glad to see it's gone. sad to hear of the possible demise of TWS though, rough as it is, it was the first road course I ever rode. Getting that turn one down took me awile, that way outside line coming down off the bank at 160 always gets my attention. 8a always seemed off camber and kinda weird, it gives alot of people problems. Just curious, but do you ever do Cresson?...