Sign in to follow this  

Ultimate Question...(general, mx, xr related)

aright, I have an xr4 that i have spent some cash on and would lose money selling it. As far as im concered, i payed for the learning experience, because i did the work myself, and learned some new stuff.

When I bought it, i was going to convert it to supermoto, but only know 1 dude around that rides sumo, and hes selling his. A bunch of folks i know ride, enduros, mx, etc.

I really think i will be spending more time offroad than i previously thought and realize that an mx, bike is really more my style.

To the question. The bike runs real good, has a nice inverted front end, and lots of motor work. Should i get a new stiffer spring for the rear and learn offroad riding with no major air expected. Or should i part this thing out and try to get a better bike, but be without a bike for however long in the beggining of sweet texas weather or should spring it and just ride it and keep it closer to the ground than i prefer. Im plannin on plating it as well. (even though i ride it around town as it is )

Im thinking keep it myself, but was wonderin what you guys will say.

Thanks, heres a pic, I need to put some knobbies on though.

l_963b98c1d781802da3dac41a2c149294.jpg

if it is a 96 cant think maybe the changes were 97. any way or newer set your sag and go you wont believe how fast a xr4 will get through the tight and knarly stuff. not to mention if you can stay on it it'll go up it. these things think they are a 4 wheel drive tractor

The front end looks nice RJ!! I think you should keep it and see how it does in the dirt. I just went to an xr4 from a cr250. The only place that's been dry enough to ride so far is the track. The CR was definately a better track bike, but I can ride the xr there and have fun on it. The CR was lousy for trailriding and I'm sure the XR will be better. I have aired out the XR and it does ok. It's biggest drawback at the track is lack of speed, but I don't want to gear any lower.