Sign in to follow this  

Best slip on for SM

I want to get exhaust for my SM but i cannot afford a full system. what would be the best slip on to get?

I want to get exhaust for my SM but i cannot afford a full system. what would be the best slip on to get?

Since none of the slip-on's add performance gains go with the White-Bros E2 slip. It sounds better than the yosh slip on IMO.

:applause:

Is there one that i could buy the head pipe later on that would be good?

No, not one that will add any power. Save your coin up for another month and get a Muzzy full system, it's really only a little bit more than a slip-on (under $400) and it has a gain on par with the yosh full system.

Grant

How is the Muzzy for noise. I'm looking to save a little weight and let it breath a bit easier. Some of the places we ride are not so hot on the full race sound.

I am running an e2 and it gave me quite a bit of power low and midrange. Definetly alot more than stock. The e2 comes with a spark arrestor-quiet core thing and it really makes a deference if your worried about noise. Jetting is a must for any exhaust. Do a search and you should find plenty on that subject.

The best slip on you can get is the one you find used for $60. I just picked up a FMF for that used. You can add a power bomb header later to add to any slip on. You will get more power by waiting for a full Yosh system. But if you can pick up a slip on for really cheap you can always re-sell it and get your money back.

FMF Powercore 4 is a slip on that will slide onto the PowerBomb header later. People around here don't seem to like them much, but its 5 way better flow as a slip on. The stock muffler is full of baffels, the PC 4 is strait through. The baffels make a much bigger differance than the diameter of the head pipe. I tried it as a slip on while waiting for my head pipe to show up. Went from 1st gear power up whelies to 2nd gear power up. The header was a much smaller increase in power. (Hardly noticable untill high revs)

It does look pretty ugly to have a black header and a Stainless Steel pipe though. The stock heat shield will not work with the setup as a slip-on.

From what Ive heard the Yoshi pipe is the way to go onroad though.

Well at first i was gonna get the yoshi rs3 full sys but now ive decided to get the muzzy full sys so that problem has been solved.

Well at first i was gonna get the yoshi rs3 full sys but now ive decided to get the muzzy full sys so that problem has been solved.

Good on ya. slip ons only contribute to bling factor and are a waste of money IMO. Of course, nobody asked me what I thought.:applause: