Sign in to follow this  

Need Boot advice

i just got brand new fox forma pros off ebay for 130 shipped, there awesome you might want to check it out

I would look at ebay, and check out some Gaenre's (sp), their SG10's, sometimes you can find good deals on them...

I saw the new Alpinestar's Tech 7's for 259.99 at rockymountainatv.com, should be in your price rage, and are a good quality boot w/ good protection.

Also take a look and see if you can get deals on the lower end of the line Gaenre's, and A-stars...

Personally I would stay away from brands like Answer racing and such, b/c most of those brands are made in china or tiwan or some stupid thing like that, and for me I would like to buy a quality US made, or European or Italian made boot that is going to last, and not just fall apart or not protect me well, after all its my feet/ankles I'm protecting.

Gaernes fastback best boot ive ever had 225.00 delivered

Gaernes fastback best boot ive ever had 225.00 delivered

+1000, i love these boots, you cant go wrong, the ankle pivot is great :applause:

There are a lot of closeout/clearance sales going on right now. I would definitely check all the websites I could find...

If I were in the market for boots, I'd be scouring the websites clearance pages for the Sidi Crossfire boots. After checking them out last week at one of the local shops and doing side-by-side comparisons with the Gaerne SG10, Alpinestar Tech10 and Fox Pro-Forma, I would most definitely go with the Sidi. I found them to be superior in every aspect. The straight-up pricing is above your stated range, but there are deals to be found for those who are willing to do some searching...

I luv my thor quadrants good protection great weight price etc but my fave part is the heels there extremelly cumfy,

Theres only two brands to look at in my humble opinion... Gaerne and A-stars... Both are the shit! Everything else is inferior!

I had those 661 one boots and hated them, with in a week 2 buckles broke and they wore out fast, took them back, got tech 8's

If you can pony up go with the sidis they have incredible ankle support and have the removable sole so you can change it out and be set up just as easy as a few screws. I feel a boot with a good ankle support system is what you need to look at.the sg10 is the only one that comes close to the sidi.

I got a set gaerne two years ago and thought they were fantastic nothing ever happened to them. decided it was time for a set of new boots got some A-stars and after about 3 months the sole was completely trashed. got it re-soled and same again very disopointed with boot eventualy binned the boot and started using my gaerne again.