Sign in to follow this  

Specialty Tools

What is the most useful specialty tools in your collection? I'm trying to build my tool collection back up and would like some advice on what tools would be used most in servicing my 2 stroke machines.

This is my favorite tool in the shed-

sledge-hammer.jpg

It does it all!

Actually, a good small (3/8") torque wrench should be near the top of your list, along with a good set of tire spoons, some nitrile gloves, and some good grease remover/cleaner.

These are a must for working on pretty much anything.

Manuals for whatever you are working on

Air compressor and pneumatic tools

Propane torch

2 and 3 armed pullers

Dental pick set

Bearing / seal driver / puller

Impact driver

Rubber mallets

Magnetic pickup

A good stereo system for your shop.

I get a lot more use out of my Sears Bend-A-Light than I ever thought I would.

Other items that I consider absolute necessities for my shop:

Ingersoll-Rand 60 gal. vertical air compressor...

The monster 100 lb. bench vise with aluminum jaw inserts...

Mig welder...

My Porter-Cable Porta-Band saw...

Bench grinder...

Dewalt angle grinder...

DeWalt 18V cordless drill...

Makita 12V cordless impact driver...

And of course...my dorm-room size fridge, eight speaker/Kenwood stereo system and A/C unit that I installed in the back wall! :applause:

Ratcheting Wrenches are great speed tools...

Threaded rod, some nuts and a socket are a great rear wheel bearing press...

If I don't have the right tool, I find something that might work and make it work.

Got most of the metal fabrication tools as my dad is a welder and I go 2 tech school for metal fab. Gotta get an air compressor and tools though.

Definitely an impact driver, soo helpful. Will make your job take half the time or less.

Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station Inflator The best Mini air pump ever028877578422_3.jpg

forgot all about a pump, i need 1 BAD. Thanks for the suggestion.

if you have an air compressor just get a tire nozzle for that, and on another note... flywheel pullers... ring compressors are nice... snap ring pliers are nice as well. float bowl guage... feeler guages... tire pressure guage... an air chuck attachment for the compressor... valve spring compressor... seal drivers... punches... rubber mallets... tire irons... a set of assorted o-rings... and maybe even a gasket making kit, for the most part these are cheap things that might be overlooked but can help in the long run, some more than others.

Everyone forgot the most used tool for a 2 smoke......... A Spark Plug Wrench.:applause: Jim

What he said, but mine is small enough to fit in the tiny pocket of my Camelpak w/ a couple of plugs:thumbsup:

Not too special, but a good snap-on ratcheting screwdriver with good bits seems to get used alot. I've stripped many screws before I bought this, it works good. Other than that I'd say flywheel pullers, a good rubber mallet, a spoke torque wrench and maybe some fork tools woud be handy.