Sign in to follow this  

throttle stick? AHHHHH!!!!

Anybody ever have the throttle stick?? I went to a race last night and my throttle stuck for the first time. I dont know if it was because I was full throttle hard, probably for the first time ever, or what, but it was way stuck. After that, I tried moving the tube out some. Spraying the inside with WD, and tried playing with the return cable adjustment. It felt really funny, like some shit was jamming it up. Anybody know whats up? :applause: I Need this fixed before this weekend. THANX!.

Sounds like your gonna need to pull the whole thing apart and clean/inspect/lube it. Still the stock grips?

Check your pulley springs in your carb when you have it full tilt. make sure they arent grabbin. Lube that up too

Did you have the tank or bars off? Sounds like your cables may have twisted or are being restricted. Dirt and grime shouldnt really make it stick as it is a push pull cable system. But you should use a cable oiler often and chuck the plastic throttle tube in the bin and get an alloy one.

Same thing happened to my 06, thing moves like ass now... Came around a corner, and gunned it down a straight away and went to slow down for the next corner and damn thing was stuck open. Havent messed with it too much because I'll be leaving for a month or two. Let us know how you fix it, cause I'll have to fix mine when I get back. :applause:

Thanks for the input. I wrote this forum before I even tore into it, to get some ideas. I went out yesterday and took a look. The return cable is fraying on that pully and not letting it go back inside the cable housing. Probably could have been prevented if I had lubed my cables, at least once since I have owned the bike.

been there done that! thats why it is good to come here first!!