Sign in to follow this  

Wr250

Hi i was hoping someone could help me out.I have a 03 drz400 which has been a great bike but i have been offered a deal on a brand new 06wr250 which is very tempting the wr will come with the full 2yr warranty plus a few accessories.The main hassle i have got is the dealer gave me a test ride on his 07 wr demo bike which was great the motor was a little snappy compared to what i am use to but the suspension and the lack of weight was great the only other niggle i had with it was the kickstarter which to me was to far forward.So how well do these bikes preform on hills etc i realise being 2 stroke it wont tractor up the hills like the drz.I see they have a 9.5 litre tank what sort of range would i expect out of it.I have had a 2stroke bike before being a kdx200 which was a great bike and i have always wanted to go back to a 2 stroke which was either going to be a gas gas or ktm 300 but with the deal on offer for the wr it is hard to resist.Has anyone else gone from a mellow 4 stroke to a specced up enduro weapon and if so how have you found it reliability wise etc any info would be much appreciated.Paul

I went from a Yamaha wr426 to a Husky WR250.

The Husky will lug up hills just a good as a DRz or any four stroke other than a Xr650r. To use the kickstarter you really need to put your left foot in front of the footpeg. It starts way easier than my yamaha 4 stroke, but since you have a button on the DRZ I can see why it may be an issue for you.

The DRZ is plusher in rocks but the Husky is way more responsive and will change direction much easier.

What you will lose on the Husky is the 100 mile range as the stock tank is good for like 40 miles and a big tank goes about 55 miles. The Husky is also a close ratio 5 speed so if you like to ride @ high speeds like the 80 you can do on the DRZ forget it on the Husky. You are lucky to get 60 out of the Husky and at that speed the motor seems like it will blow up.

If you race, get the Husky.