KTM WHEEL FITMENT The how to “BIG PICS”

EDIT "Rear hubs are all the same from 1992 to 2007 125 on up

The 125s and 250s got the right hub as of 1990 but the bigger bikes didn't use them till 1992."

KTM wheels FIT. I have had people asking me about this for quite some time now so I thought id throw this together.

First YES KTM wheels fit.

Rear hubs are all the same from 1990 to 2007 125 on up. Only difference is Cush drive or not and rim size. I now have 3 different KTM rear wheels that I run A 17” 18” and 19”. The 18” is from a 1995 LC4. The 19” is actually a tallen hub but its for a 2002 KTM 400. The 17 is from a 2004 4XX (don’t remember). I have take pics of all the different rear wheels on my bike to show. Notice that the 18” and 17” both have the cush drive hub. The spacers rotors and sprockets are all stock KTM. This is a direct bolt up fitment. Do note that the KTM rear rotor is the same size as a 400S/E 220mm.

The 18”

KTMwheels052.jpg

KTMwheels050.jpg

KTMwheels048.jpg

The 19”

KTMwheels057.jpg

KTMwheels056.jpg

KTMwheels055.jpg

KTMwheels054.jpg

KTMwheels053.jpg

The 17”

KTMwheels065.jpg

KTMwheels062.jpg

KTMwheels059.jpg

KTMwheels058.jpg

This post has been promoted to a wiki

• Like 4

Now the front setup that’s a bit harder. Not much but not a strait swap It requers custom spacers and a rotor adapter BUT KTM rotor. The Front KTM hubs were 20mm axel just like a DRZ but in 2003 they changed them to a 26mm axel. So if you get a Front hub that is a 20mm all you have to do is make spacers that line up the rotor with the caliper rufly the same as the stock drz spacers. If you get a 2003 + front hub you have to make spacers that convert it to a 20mm axel and line up the rotor with the caliper. I only have one KTM front wheel and it’s a 26mm setup. So I made some spacers to fit. I left the stock KTM spacers in the front wheel and just made spacers to fit in the spacers as you can see in the following shots.

17” 26mm axel hub.

DRZ-KTM-SM-Wheelspacers009.jpg

2d9f5f69.jpg

DRZ-KTM-SM-Wheelspacers021.jpg

DRZ-KTM-SM-Wheelspacers035.jpg

Custom Front wheel spacers

spacers.gif

As for rotor adapters I ride dirt 21/18 and SM 17s. I swap out wheels one or two times a week so I went with the same size rotor for my SM and dirt setup. The stock KTM rotor is 260mm and the MOTO MASTER off road oversized rotor is 260mm. So I got the Moto Master DRZ front rotor (TT store 1711-0172) and adapter (TT store 1701-0084) so my SM (KTM) and dirt (DRZ) front rotors are the same size 260mm. If you wont to go 310mm or 320mm just get a DRZ Rotor adapter and a KTM rotor and now the pics

O my front dirt rim is form a RM so no snail thing. I have a Trail Tech Vapor.

KTMwheels068.jpg

KTMwheels066.jpg

DRZ-KTM-SM-Wheelspacers027.jpg

LOL in the end I don’t have any DRZ wheels just KTM and RM. Any way hope this helps someone.

StoSMwithcorbin020.jpg

KTMwheels071.jpg

KTMwheels073.jpg

• Like 1

Nicely done. :applause: Good pics also. It's good to know that we do have some options out there. Maybe this will let some of us cheepskates get some wheels at a better deal.

Thanks again for taking the time to post this thread.

HA! Don't you know that the cost of KTM wheels just went up at least 25%??

Watch ebay, now that we know they will fit, they'll be going for a premium like the DRZ wheels.

HA! Don't you know that the cost of KTM wheels just went up at least 25%??

Watch ebay, now that we know they will fit, they'll be going for a premium like the DRZ wheels.

...Ain't it the truth!!?

Great write up & pics! Nice work with the spacers, especially the diagram. :applause:

What are you doing for a speedo?

Also, bear in mind that KTM wheels come with 26mm and 20mm axles.

We need to buy wheels with the 20mm axle for the DRZ.

Did you read the whole thing? That was covered in the second post.

And to the Y go with KTM wheels its just another source of wheels that fit the DRZ. That’s all.

• 3 weeks later...