bbr's new frame cradle design

wondering if anyone has used one yet.....had a chance to see both models...its my understanding that in o7, they will be offering the first gen cradles in blue only......and the new design in brushed alum..only....as per jerry @MX PERFORMANCE .COM ........http://mx-performance.com/_wsn/page17.html. The new model sells for 180.00 vs the original model 215.00.....his site....skid plate is removable on the new gen cradles... looks fit and finish is fab. i decided to go with the 1st gen cradle because , for one , you guys have proven its a good part with hours and hours of abuse... lol .....secondly, it fits closer and tighter to the engine on a bike that already lacks alot of ground clearance. and last but not least......the skid is screwed on by screws treaded into the aluminum main bars, which im thinking is not as strong as it's welded aluminum sibling. im sure its prob. as good as anything else BBR makes and for 30- 40 dollars cheaper, im also sure there are many who will be willing to put it to the test...i would be interested hearing from anyone who has one ..............thanks

I haven't had any problems with mine yet. BBR built it stout - much better than some of the skidplates I've seen on big bikes. It hasn't taken a serious hit yet, but I'm sure it won't be a problem when it does. :applause: