Sign in to follow this  

Titainium Header, Looks rusty? WTF!?!

Okay, I've got an Akrapovic Evo Ti, and for some reason the header is going a weird colour!

What could it be, how do i get it back to a nice flame!?

Header2.jpg

Header.jpg

Header1.jpg

:applause:

When u say cig paper...U mean when u flip open a new pack and u have to pull that bit of paper off to get to the cigs?

That bit of silver paper!? :applause:

thats what i meant dont know if it still works but it use to (not sure they still make it the same way now)

thats what i meant dont know if it still works but it use to (not sure they still make it the same way now)

I'll give it a try! Cheers Mate!:lol::applause:

Just took some metal polish to it, and it came off no problem at all! :lol:

Shudda thought of that first. Cheers Guys!

When i get the chance i'll take the whole system off and polish it properly! :lol::applause:

That is burned on salt from the roads, all header pipes get like that over here.

Header4.jpg

Header3.jpg

Header5.jpg

the results of 5 mins work! :eek::applause:

You missed a few bits :worthy:

Practise some more, and then I'll let you clean mine :lol:

Neil. :lol::naughty::lol:

If you want to make your SS or Ti look new get the product called WHITE DIAMOND, It is an exceptional product for cheap and works on many other parts on your bike too.http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu75wZvVFVWUBT9tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB2b2gzdDdtBGNvbG8DZQRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZAM-/SIG=11mu3m96p/EXP=1173796848/**http%3a//www.whitediamondpolish.com/ What I do is take one of your wifes-or girlfriends best cotton T-shirts and cut a few strips about 16" long and 4" wide. Fold it in half and apply the WHITE DIAMOND to one side only (about 4" long bead) Wrap this around your pipe and then take one end in each hand and begin to pull back and forth--moving up and down your burnished pipe.When you have polished of the residue you can get another shirt from the same place and then bring it back to original with a buff in the same manner.Use a little knuckle grease in the hard to reach area's. The product is the METAL FINISH PRODUCT AND IS A WHITE LIQUID THAT MUST BE SHAKEN UP WELL. It will even remove the blueing affect from the heat. Immodrz Swamp

If you want to make your SS or Ti look new get the product called WHITE DIAMOND, It is an exceptional product for cheap and works on many other parts on your bike too.http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu75wZvVFVWUBT9tXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB2b2gzdDdtBGNvbG8DZQRsA1dTMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZAM-/SIG=11mu3m96p/EXP=1173796848/**http%3a//www.whitediamondpolish.com/ What I do is take one of your wifes-or girlfriends best cotton T-shirts and cut a few strips about 16" long and 4" wide. Fold it in half and apply the WHITE DIAMOND to one side only (about 4" long bead) Wrap this around your pipe and then take one end in each hand and begin to pull back and forth--moving up and down your burnished pipe.When you have polished of the residue you can get another shirt from the same place and then bring it back to original with a buff in the same manner.Use a little knuckle grease in the hard to reach area's. The product is the METAL FINISH PRODUCT AND IS A WHITE LIQUID THAT MUST BE SHAKEN UP WELL. It will even remove the blueing affect from the heat. Immodrz Swamp

You don't stay in relationships very long do you? There's no way if you are cutting up a womans BEST T-shirt to work on your "old" motorcycle!!!:lol: And you've even got the brass to go back for another one!!!:applause: Wow!

I missed a few bits, cos i cudnt physically get my hands there! :eek:

When i take the header off it'll look amazing! :lol:

I kinda wish i hadnt said anything now, only time i got this much stick was on the UK TT Ride out (a whole 2 members) and Neil found out i had no case savers:bonk:

lol :applause::lol:

Well, at least you have a choice...

You could be known either as the only TT member with thousands of dollars of aftermarket parts on his DRZ but no case savers OR

the first TT member to gather rust on a Ti exhaust...

Pick one :applause: