Sign in to follow this  

Xr650l Motard Wheels?

Im Keen To Convert My 2005 Xr650l To Motard Configuration, But Would Like To Do So On A Budget (buy Second Hand If Possible). I Live In Australia, And To Date Have Not Seen Another Example Of A Completed Xr650l Motard Here. What Other Honda Models Have The Same Hub As The Xr650l? I Have Seen Quite A Few Crf450 Wheel Sets For Sale, And The Odd Xr650r Wheel Sets, Will Any Of These Fit Straight Onto My Bike? Any Body Have A Set For Sale? Or Does Any Body Have A Set Of Standard Xr650l Hubs As Another Option?

I converted my '97 XR-L to motard configuration last year. Based on the research I did before the conversion, I'd don't believe that any hubs other than stock will work without significant modification. I ended up sending my stock hubs to Buchanan Spoke & Rim for lace-up to 17" rims. Took about four weeks and they did an excellent job. Might be more complicated from Australia but you can likely find a local provider to do the same thing. Like you, I would like to pick up a set of front and rear hubs to re-fit to the wheels so I can switch out between motard and dual sport configuration. Good luck!

Any Body Have A Set For Sale?

You can buy rims and spokes and lace your own. That would keep the shipping time and costs down.

checkout supermotojunkie.com there is a guy there that has a repsol replica xr650 with honda orange mags from a sport bike on it. and it looks sweeeeet! ski

Im Keen To Convert My 2005 Xr650l To Motard Configuration, But Would Like To Do So On A Budget (buy Second Hand If Possible). I Live In Australia, And To Date Have Not Seen Another Example Of A Completed Xr650l Motard Here. What Other Honda Models Have The Same Hub As The Xr650l? I Have Seen Quite A Few Crf450 Wheel Sets For Sale, And The Odd Xr650r Wheel Sets, Will Any Of These Fit Straight Onto My Bike? Any Body Have A Set For Sale? Or Does Any Body Have A Set Of Standard Xr650l Hubs As Another Option?

here is my 2006 xr650l

HPIM0764.jpg

HPIM0756.jpg

HPIM0757.jpg

HPIM0763.jpg

here is my 2006 xr650l

HPIM0764.jpg

HPIM0756.jpg

HPIM0757.jpg

HPIM0763.jpg

nice bike you got their!! :thumbsup: did you use the stock hubs?? i've heard that the XR-Ls come with 32 spokes both rear and front rims. :excuseme: