Sign in to follow this  

backfire screen jetting

for thoose of us who have removed it, did you have to rejet? Ive had mine removed for acouple weeks now, and it just seems to fat off the bottom. Ive droped down to a 175main and a 38 pilot and it still seems to fat...

I did'nt notice the need for jetting changes when i did mine, but i would think it would be slightly leaner if any thing.

for thoose of us who have removed it, did you have to rejet? Ive had mine removed for acouple weeks now, and it just seems to fat off the bottom. Ive droped down to a 175main and a 38 pilot and it still seems to fat...

I wonder if it has to do with the K&N filter? I think my jettings a touch off since I've put mine in.

I put a twin air back on mine, i honestly think the KN lets fine particles by. I did a top end and found some scars, plus some fine dirt on the grease in the air boot......

I would never trust those K&N filters...

The whole concept doesn't make sense to me in a dirt environment.

Seriously, it is getting warmer right now and the bike will run a little fat in hot weather.

is there a lot of power to gain by removing the screen?

not at all..even if there was...u would not be able to notice it.....

Just curious why you remove your backfire screen if there are no power gains?

had a KN airfilter on there. And with the filter and screen gone, it did seem snappier, were not talking night and day, but you could notice...

A K & N -DOES- flow more air...but...it ain't as good as a foam filter for keepin' the crap outta your motor! (It -WILL- pass more dirt than a foam filter...NOT GOOD!

Don't even get into what happens when a K&N get's wet.