Sign in to follow this  

confused .....

I'm a little confused. I had trouble restarting after a stall and was researching and noticed that someone said that when they stall they use the manual decompression with 10 kicks. Then, they kick once or twice and it fires right up.

My question: Is the manual decompression the same thing as the hot start?

Thanks,

-ds

I'm a little confused. I had trouble restarting after a stall and was researching and noticed that someone said that when they stall they use the manual decompression with 10 kicks. Then, they kick once or twice and it fires right up.

My question: Is the manual decompression the same thing as the hot start?

Thanks,

-ds

No, the hot start is only on the SX and SMR models and is a red button on the side of the carb, slightly useful if the engine is flooded.

The manaul compression release is a device that uses a lever near the clutch to hold the exhaust valve open, some modles have them and some do not. what bike do you have?

If your lever over the clutch is Red....thats the Hot Start....if you have the red lever your bike does not have a manuel decompression release, auto only. If the lever is black...its the manuel decompression lever...those models have both the manuel and Auto......if it's the SX (not SXF) or SMR...yours will have both the manuel decomp. on the clutch (Black Lever) and the red button on the side of the carb (Hot Start).