Sign in to follow this  

38 on 300 MXC

I don't know where you live or what year bike you have.

I live in Arizona around Phoenix. I bought my 2005 300 MXC used when it was about 6 months old.

It had a JD kit installed by the previous owner. It was a pain on this bike. I took it out and run the factory manual settings. This bike is pretty sensitive so i usually end up rejetting 3 or 4 times a year. If I go up in elevation tha will result in another re-jet.

I can't remember for sure but I think I'm running a N3EW #2/160main/35pilot/1.5 air screw

Join KTM talk. Here is a link to my jetting woes.

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=175866&hl=

:lol: :lol: Nevermind,... just realized you were referring to the carb. :applause:

i have a 06 300 xcw . i have had the stock 36 and the 38pwm on it that i did buy from jd. I liked how it performed , it did not hurt the bottom end and the top was great, however there was a little rich stumble that i never could quite get rid of right off idle under power. i tried alot of things and could have lived with it but one day i was looking at the stock carb and wondered why i didnt bore it out to a 38 so i did and all i can say is WOW ! i spent about 2 hours chucked it up in my lathe bored it out , tapered the air intake side and kept the air striker intact , this works and its great and cheep. i do have the 38 pwm , i do not have the jd needles for it tho, if you want it would sell it , make me an offer.

John