Sign in to follow this  

Spring and other advice needed

I have a "00 TTR 225, I have done the airbox and exhaust mods, rejetted to a 135 and 45. My question is, would a dead battery cause the bike to miss at higher rpms? The bike will hit rev limiter in neutral, but when riding the bike, it will start to miss in the higher rpm range. The battery is dead, and I'm having to jump the bike off with my truck. Also, I'm at an even 200 lbs., what rear spring could I get to make the bike sit higher in the rear. Any links and info are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Justin

If its missing on top end youve probably got to big of a pilot jet, My 230 did that when I went up 2 pilot sizes, I ended up putting the stocker back in and opened it up an additional half turn, just takes a little longer to warm up, but thats better for the motor anyway. you wouldnt think the pilot would have any thing to do with top end but believe me it does.

I have a "00 TTR 225, I have done the airbox and exhaust mods, rejetted to a 135 and 45. My question is, would a dead battery cause the bike to miss at higher rpms?

No, the battery has nothing to do with the rideability of the bike.

The bike will hit rev limiter in neutral, but when riding the bike, it will start to miss in the higher rpm range. The battery is dead, and I'm having to jump the bike off with my truck.

Here is a good troubleshooting guide for jetting-

http://www.bbrmotorsports.com/Jetting'.htm

Sounds to me like your main is too rich, unless you overoiled your filter, or got some crud stuck in the main jet.

Also, I'm at an even 200 lbs., what rear spring could I get to make the bike sit higher in the rear. Any links and info are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Check these guys out-if they don't have what you need, they will make it.

http://www.cannonracecraft.com/