Sign in to follow this  

Special Coating on new kx250f

I have a 2007 kx250f and I had some issues with my tranny, so we took the engine apart. anyways, My dealer said kawasaki put a coating on the crank that turns it blue/green if it isn't broken in right. Mine was blue kinda rusty brown color, I broke mine in according to the book,rode it for 20 mine let it cool then rode easy for a hour in my yard. Anyone ever heard of that.

Thats not true.. Tell them they are trying to screw you..

anyways doesn't realy matter kaw probably wont cover anyways. No warenties on these bikes..

err wait Hey take it to a diffrent dealer therese been some talk about the 07s having thing issue and kawi covering it.. get a second opinion..

Thats not true.. Tell them they are trying to screw you..

anyways doesn't realy matter kaw probably wont cover anyways. No warenties on these bikes..

The dealer I got it from had kawasaki tech come look at it, It was a manufactures defect in the tranny bearing. Everything is being fixed for free including parts.

The entire Team Green crew is at the GNC final now and will be through this weekend.

I will investigate the truth to a coating.

its not. i guess you could put a coating on that would change color at a certain temp but it wouldnt tell you if you broke it in right or wrong.

Like I said, that's a crock of shit and that dealer was trying to get out of saying kawasakis don't break.. Everything has thier problems. I don't think this is a major consern as not 1 perticular problem is evident.. If this is a bearing problems as some of the others.. I hope kawi will figure out of it is due to a manufactures defect or due to installation.. if its a manu defect I hope kawi will make that manufacture replace all thier bearings..... but haha thats thinking in a perfect world.