Sign in to follow this  

97 RM 125 fouling plug problem update

Ok I took the bike for a test ride @ walker this weekend. After changing out all the things I bought over the week and all I thought my days of fiddling were over. Ahhhhh yeah not a chance! Ok here is what happened. Ok The bike started right up and we were off riding the trails. after an hour into riding again!!!!!! the bike fouled! towed bike back to the trailer got home pulled the thing apart again!

NEW FOUND: Drained the oil and what do u know WATER!!!! water all over the spark plug junk! Oil fouled! crank was filled with dirt and water and oil! oh god I just about giving up on this bike! So I have one question I tried to take off the main drive not the one where the basket is but the other one the main one how the heck do I take that off? is it reverse threaded? help me!!!!!!!!! I need to change out the crank seal. but I can't get that bolt off!

whish me luck please help!

Mommy Mechanic lol

well, you got farther than I did. I couldn't get it to stay running beyond a block. Idle was good, new plug, ran it up to 3rd, and upon deceleration, it fouled.

The primary gear should have threadlock on it and would be torqued to 70nm, so it might be tough to get off, but it is NOT reverse threaded. Turn counterclockwise to loosen.

Today I am taking it to suzuki to have them take off the stupid gear! plus have them just change out the seal and all I am done with this bike I need a break! I busted the basket and just feel I am fully frustrated! I am done! I am going to just give it to the shop have them take all that I have done and put it all back together! Instead of bringing them the bike I am just dropping the engine off! and a S% load box full of parts! lol ha ha ah If it fouls a plug after that I am done! DONE I will trade the stupid bike in! I will keep you posted. lots of luck to you!

Mommy Mechanic

have u gotten farther with your RM? I bought a new crank and it cme in the mail in worse condition than the one I had! I am ready to light a match over the whole thing! lol It is hard to find aftermarket cranks!