Sign in to follow this  

DR650 Supermoto, winter project

I bought a used '05 DR650se for my wife this past fall. My goal was to make it into a street 'tard for her.

It started out as a bone stock blue DR650. Here's what she looks like now:

100_0387.jpg

100_0389.jpg

100_0384.jpg

I've got a few minor things to do to her. I'm installing handwarmers right now. I think it turned out pretty well. My wife loves it!

I am just road testing my own motarded DR and was wondering what you have done for suspension set up: front/rear springs and rear ride height.

It looks great, by the way. Is that a fork brace and if so what type?

Nice! That's a very, very nice looking DR. Is that the OEM accessory rear rack? What's on top?

Nice! That's a very, very nice looking DR. Is that the OEM accessory rear rack? What's on top?

That looks like a base for a Givi hard case... I know... I got one just like it :lol:

BTW awesome looking DR! :applause:

I bought a used '05 DR650se for my wife this past fall. My goal was to make it into a street 'tard for her.

Which means you never get to ride it, right ???? :lol::eek:

"Hey hon, I just picked up this new KTM 525EXC for you to ride around the neighborhood." :applause::lol:

Awesome looking bike. Do the 17" tires F/R make that much difference? I've got the suspension modded on my DR and it handles awesome in the twisties. I can't imagine what it would be like if it stuck any better. What suspension mods are you running? What header pipe is that? Any other mods?

Ok, I'll try to answer some questions:

Gaiters are by Dirt Skins. I bought them over Ebay, they look cool, but bunch up as soon as you sit on the bike. They are just velcro'd.

Speedo cable guide is doing nothing. I just haven't removed it yet. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to install the speed pickup magnet for the TrailTech Lynx speedo.

The rear rack is the OEM accessory one with a Givi Monolock mounting plate. This is, afterall, a street 'tard.

No suspension mods whatsoever. It's a bone stock DR650. The 17" wheels lowered it enough for my 5' 4" wife to handle comfortably. It's not necessarily the 17" wheels that make the difference. It's the 17" street rubber that's available that makes it stick like a fly to fly paper.

The header is OEM, I sent it off to Jet Hot coatings and had it ceramic coated for about $60. I believe it makes the bike look much better, cleaner.

Yes, I am the guy selling the DR take-off parts on Ebay, same username.