Sign in to follow this  

TE-450 Clutch Cover Protection?

Anyone ever seen any type of protection for the clutch cover? I noticed this weekend that my shifter had been pushed into the cover some time in a fall. Nice dent, but no oil leak so far.

I know it can be fixed with JB weld, but some added insurance would be nice. I got some stickon stainless steel covers for my DRZ-400 that worked nicely. Anything like that for our Huskys?

Thanks!

What year?? Because for 04 models GP in San Diego still has heavy duty billet covers.

That thing was bullet proof on my 2004 TC450.

The 05-06-07 have a deeper cover and the 04 cover will contact the clutch pressure plate.

Fast by Ferraci sells the BRP (Basso Racing Products) from Italia, Carbon Fiber covers and other components as well.

Cool carbon cover. I just crashed over the weekend & put a dent in the dent in the cover that started to leak. when i opened it up a chunck had come of the in side. Glad husky has the sreen filters, there was a big hunk in there which i puled out with my finger. click on the british flag for english

For 172 bucks I'll have to pass. I'lll carry epoxy

true...but it doesnt just cover the stock one like some of the other brands..its the acual engine cover, which is normal price for an aftermarket cover...

but anyways i couldnt see how the C/F cover would be stronger than the steel ones or whatever the stock one is made of anyways

Personally I think CF has very little use for a dirt bike and I'm betting would not be as strong as aluminum.

- BTW that twin pipe is bitchen :applause:

Here's what I did, this was when brand new...I've 'tested' both sides repeatedly since. :applause: I sheared off my break pedal tip a few weeks ago, barely a dent on the SS.

61208254.jpg

1/8" alum, 1/32 stainless for brake contact, RTV adhesive

61208287.jpg

~1/32 stainless steel, RTV

WOW, super protector man :applause: Your head pipe looks like a funny color, is that as it came from the factory or did you coat it with something?

K

WOW, super protector man :applause: Your head pipe looks like a funny color, is that as it came from the factory or did you coat it with something?

K

Thanks Ride, headers are ceramic coated, inside and out.

headers are ceramic coated, inside and out.

what does that accomplish?

what does that accomplish?

I figured you'd be familiar with it. Hot rodders have used it for years to keep under hood temps down and make more power.

Our headers are so short it probably doesn't do much for power, but it definitely reduces the external temp. Since the ceramic won't absorb the heat, it's forced to go out the pipe to the muffler and out...pulling heat from the head instead of allowing it to sink back.

Here's some tech info, most powder coaters will also be able to ceramic coat.

http://www.jet-hot.com/Pages/tech1.html

What would it take to convince you to pop out a set of those SS and aluminum plates?????

I figured you'd be familiar with it.

I am I just don't see where you might gain anything on a bike like this. Was there any noticeable difference?

I am I just don't see where you might gain anything on a bike like this. Was there any noticeable difference?

I didn't do it for performance, just some protection from the blistering temps so close to my leg that finds itself far too often close/on the header while learning how to tame/ride this beast. :applause: All the performance I know what to do with is on tap with a twist of my right hand.

Thanks for all the offers but sorry guys...I'm still a work-a-day guy, maybe once I'm retired I'll have time to 'manufacture' something like this in quantity.

It's not difficult, just some old metal stock, a hack saw, files, a dead blow hammer to shape the compound curves...and time.

If you guys seriously want this stuff contact Scott at Rooster, they have a laser cutter there and could whip these out. He owns a TE250 so he has a bike to pattern them after. :applause: