Sign in to follow this  

<HELP> 2003 CRF150 Idle's to high when warm?

<HELP>:lol:

I just bought a CRF150 it's very clean but the :lol: bike starts to idle really high when she get's warm, like way-high !

I'm putting my wife and kid on this thing so it could be dangerous:eek: !!

Has this happened to you and what did you do to fix it beside's buying a new carb:thumbsdn: ?

Thanks in advance for the advice,:applause:

Mitch

Its called an idle screw very simple fix but while your there you might as well jet it take out the baffle in the exhuast and open up the airbox

The idle idle screw everybody is talking about is the black star shaped knob.

You should be able to get it right where you want it. If it doesn't idle down properly then check the intake side rubber boot for tightness.

Congrats on the new bike!

I think he's more concerned with the fact that the idle changes then setting the idle. I hear its a common issue with the 150s and 230s..

many bikes do this. it sounds like he needs to lower the idle, and thats it. it may idle a bit low at first, but when it warms up it will idle very nicely.

for some reason minds is backwards it idles high when i start it and idles lower when it warms up anybody want to answer this?

Sounds like your rich on the idle try moving the idle mixture screw in a quarter or half turn. It is on the bottom front of the carb going straight up. Also check your valves. Or you might need a needle jet set if the bike has a lot of time on it.