My poor Husky, help me mourn

I forgot to change my suspension settings back for desert use, hard compression, fast rebound in the rear, and 2 lines showing on the forks + 50+MPH on whoops=hurt. thatll teach me to mess with my suspension when its set up for desert and working fine.?

Got into some whoops and the rear end started swapping and thew front end started oscillating(sp?)?

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

and i busted the visor on my helmet as i was rolling along the ground, maybe i should look into getting a new one :applause:

needless to say im pretty sore, but nothing is broken...that i know of.

ya i kinda didnt like those bars anyway, too short, im tall and do desert riding so lots of standing. and i knwo the title implies something far worse than what actually happened. kinda a bummer tho. but my radiators are still fine, thankfully.

A well positioned bit of 2x4 worked well on my bent sub-frame aswell. Good opportunity to fit a steering dampener and a set of high bend pro-tapers. You wont regret it, i didn't. Alot more confident holding the 510 pinned in the whoops now.?:applause:

how doy ou use a 2x4?

the biggest preblem was i ahd my suspension set up for woods. normally i can take whoops in 6th fine but with the forks raised and all the clicker adjustment si made it completely messed it up for desert

Might want to think about replacing your helmet. A 50-mph get-off that tore the visor off probably also hit the lid somewhere hard enough to damage the protective shock absorption layer. It might not look damaged, but if that stiff styrofoam layer gets deformed, which is how it absorbs the impact, then that part won't protect you if you get hit there again. Get a new one, turn the old one into a stylish lamp.:applause:

Sub-frames are designed to be repaired.I have a 4' length of aluminum pipe to de-tweak subframes. Take off the seat and side panels. Use a rosebud tip on a torch to soften up the metal and slowly pull it back into shape. Go slow and eyeball it frequently. A big rubber mallet works in the areas a pipe cant get to. Take the frame off and clamp it in a vice between a couple blocks of wood if the lower legs are bent.

Park tools sells a straightening tool that looks pretty neat but it is a bit pricey for me.

Judging from the amount of grammer errors in this post, You might have hit your head also.:applause:

HUSKYTONE,

Glad to see you're still lurking in the shadows. I've missed your excellant forum sport plays.