Sign in to follow this  

Revloc or Rekluse?

I am looking into purchasing an automatic clutch for my 06 yz250f and i here alot of good things about both revloc and rekluse. Can anyone give me the magical words to turn my head one way or another?

Rekluse is cheaper, and alot more popular, and if you try to resell it, Rekluse will have higher resale, because everyone knows that name.

Rekluse has A++ customer service.:lol:

I agree.:applause:

Yes it does, friendly staff with priceless advice that are willing to uphold onto any task you come baring with.

I am looking into purchasing an automatic clutch for my 06 yz250f and i here alot of good things about both revloc and rekluse. Can anyone give me the magical words to turn my head one way or another?

Unless they changed it, Revloc has to machine your clutch basket, making it not possible to go backwards in case you don't like it. With a Rekluse, you can put it on, and if you don't like it, remove it, and go back to the ancient ways...... :applause: JK!!!!

I don't know for sure, but the EFM Clutch looks pretty good too.

I don't know for sure, but the EFM Clutch looks pretty good too.

I have an EFM clutch and they need your basket and hub. Its cheaper than Rekluse but I do think you can go back to stock although you would have nothing to sell. Customer service at EFM is outstanding.....I've heard Rekluse is also.

Abracadabra? :applause::eek:

I have an EFM clutch and they need your basket and hub. Its cheaper than Rekluse but I do think you can go back to stock although you would have nothing to sell. Customer service at EFM is outstanding.....I've heard Rekluse is also.

Not knocken EFM, but if you clutch parts need replacing would you then need to send your new basket and hub to them as well?

man, I know i am going to get ripped for this question but I am going to ask anyway.

Do you need to use the clutch to shift? (I mean a regular clutch.)

Ive heard people saying they only use the clutch to get going or feather it for power modulation, but that they dont actually use it for shifts. Is this true? I have always clutched for shifts.

Nop just let off the gas for a quick sec to unload the gears and shift away. I only use the clutch to start/stop and when I get a rekluse i wont even need it for that :applause:

Rekluse is the way to go, my ability to go through tight stuff and nasty hills has dramatically improved. Maybe it's all psychological? To be honest, I have a disability, my left hand never regained full dexterity after a head injury when I was 16 yrs old. The clutch lever has always been a burden. All the people I ride with don't know this and they don't understand why I would spend the money. I've never revealed this to anyone. Maybe I'm afraid they will stare, my wife said that she never noticed it when we first started dating. Now I feel better, 24 yrs later I tell hundreds of people.

I'd go with Rekluse. We have one in each bike, both work flawlessly and the customer support at Rekluse rocks! :applause: