Sign in to follow this  

Dynojet Needle Fitment...

Hey guys,

I just fitted my Yosh Ti TRC exhaust on my '06 SM, with the dent to clear the spring (man, it's harder than it looks denting that tube!!), and K&N air filter.

Anyway, I have fitted the stage 2 Dynojet kit to my carb, and a 25 pilot jet. Used a 155 main and needle position 2 from the top.

However, the needle (which is thinner than the stock one) doesn't point exactly straight down, and rubs lightly along the side of the main fuel passage/jet as the slide moves up and down. It's not tight or anything, there is spring movement on the needle, but it just won't run dead straight no matter how much I wiggle it.

Is this normal and will it cause excess needle/fuel passage wear due to it rubbing a bit?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

what you describe is very normal.

haven't seen/heard/read any main jet wear issues.

your all good:ride:

Your good to go, the needle is normal, no matter how much you play with it you will not get it 100% straight.

with the dent to clear the spring (man, it's harder than it looks denting that tube!!),

Why did you dent the exhaust to clear the spring, when all you need to do is place a spacer between

the lower subframe mount and the frame tab :lol:

Neil. :applause::lol::eek:

Neil,

I did the dent instead of the spacer because aluminium under tension snaps from vibration etc REAL easy, so I don't want the subframe under any tension...

:applause:

Neil,

I did the dent instead of the spacer because aluminium under tension snaps from vibration etc REAL easy, so I don't want the subframe under any tension...

:eek:

If you unscrew the lower mounting bolt, you will find the subframe springs out, on it's own.

No pulling or forcing needed, so no stress.

Neil. :applause::lol: :lol:

Please help, I have searched around and have not been able to find a stage 2 jet kit! Where did you get yours??? Thanks

Neil dude,

Mine didn't spring out at all m8...

Finished the job this morning - Dynojet stage 2, 3 X 3, K&N, Yosh Ti TRC full system with 96dB insert (still bloody loud!!), bike pulls like a tractor now!!

I can't believe the difference!!

Many MANY thanks to all you posters with the info I needed to do this, especially the "bring it all together" post with the advice how to get the damn carb out the side of the bike!!

Now just the pair valve to do to stop some of the backfire and I'm done and VERY happy!!

Got the Dynojet kit from the TT store, it is actually a stage 1 & 2 kit for the SM and has everything you need except for the 25 pilot jet which also came from TT store for about $5 extra...

I'm a seriously happy DRZer!!