Sign in to follow this  

How can I get a stripper out??

No...! Not a real stripper, there wouldn't ever be a reason to kick a real

stripper out. :lol: ( :applause: Unless it was a dude? :eek:) Well Never the less, anyway on my factory R&D tripple clamps I have three 5mm allen fork leg pinch bolts on top and three 6mm of the same on the bottom on each side. The middle 6mm one on the bottom was so tight my so called mechanic stripped out the head. I was able to straighten my front wheel anyway (which was the reason for loosening them in the first place) and tighten the rest of them up. But how can I get that out, for the next time when I have to straighten my fr. wheel. Any ideas...:lol:

You know another possibility is there is A 1/4" gap between the ends of the pinch clamps, do you think I could cut the bolt there and still somehow get both sides out?

You know another possibility is there is A 1/4" gap between the ends of the pinch clamps, do you think I could cut the bolt there and still somehow get both sides out?

If you do that, you have TWO broken bolts to get out.

Go to the hardware store or an auto parts store and buy an EZ-Out. Follow the directions. They do work.

If you have any 1/4" drive torx bits find one that is slghtly larger than the allen hole. Tap it in with a hammer apply heat to the clamps where the bolt threads in and it should back right out.

Lay down a trail of 1 dollar bills.:applause:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't pass it up. You even forewarned us.

If you do use an EZ OUT, make sure that the other pinch bolts are good and tight before you try to remove the bad one,it will be easier to turn the bad one. GOOD LUCK !!!

Id bet the reason the screw is stuck is because of electrolysis growing between the disimilar metals. Its a white powdery stuff that locks a bolt into aluminum like its solid. Try heat, try some liquid wrench with teflon, but I have a feeling youre going to end up drilling the bolt out and having to replace the thread with a helicoil or some other type insert.

You can also pick up a set of left-handed drill bits at the auto parts store relatively inexpensively. Once the bit bites into the head of the bolt, it should back it out (I would pre-soak the bolt threads overnight with penetrating oil first).

Lube, heat, ez-out. You can also bust out the old Dremel and cut a slot and use a big screwdrver with a pair of pliers on the handle... Or last of all. Drumroll please... USE A BIGGER HAMMER!!! :applause:

liquid wrench and heat should loosen it up and an EZ Out. Sounds like what most of us say anyway.

Give her a 100 :eek:, haha, but definatley +1 on SoB's left handed drill bit idea, i have used them plenty of times never on dirtbikes though(knock on wood) :applause: