Sign in to follow this  

Green signal light on speedo. Stupid

I took the DRZ out for the first ride on Saturday night. It was dark and cold but i could not resist. I did some searching and did find anything, but does anyone else think the green flashing light on the speedo indicating your turn signals are on is one of the stupidest things ever?

I mean it is right next to the neutral light. Everytime i would take a corner from a stop sign i would catch the green light in the corner of my eye and think that the bike was in neural for just a second. Then i would realize that it was just the stupid signal light. On my honda it is amber and there is no room for confusion. Has anyone else had this problem? I know in cars they are green, but i don't have a big green neutral light right next to it to worry about. Anyone ever try and change the light to an amber one? That is first on my mod list for sure. poor design IMO Other than that though the bike kicks ass. Throttle response could be better, but i am sure it will improve with a 3x3 and rejet.

Chris

What I hate is the fact that I sometimes see it flash in the corner of my eye when I shift from 1 to 2nd...

What I hate is the fact that I sometimes see it flash in the corner of my eye when I shift from 1 to 2nd...

2nd this...:applause:

Hmmmm... It's never bothered me, but I understand what you're talking about. If you modify it deffinatly post pics.

Put a piece of electrical tape over it, and do the signal raise and tuck, then you'll be able to see your signals flashing.

4th ....

I tried to change a amber LED, but the unit was sealed by epoxy.So mission impossible !!!

It's fine for me. On the street I know what gear I'm in. On the dirt, I don't use signals, so I know I'm in neutral.

I generally know what gear i am in also. but its a subconcious thing. i see this little green light in the corner of my eye and it tells me "Neutral"