Sign in to follow this  

How much sag are you all running on the 250XC-F's?

Currently mine is set at about 100 (the book said to set it between 95-105 so I figured 100 was a happy medium), but I used to run 120mm on my 200XC-W. So I was curious as to what other people are setting it at. :applause:

I just had my suspension done and was told to try for 115-118. I'll get a couple more hours on the bike and see if I can hit these numbers.

This is a copy/paste of Dwight's "Golden Rule" on setting up KTMs. Works like a charm.

Be sure to set sag by the Golden Rule. Tear the pages out of the KTM manual pretaining to suspension sag into the garbage. The manual has been wrong for YEARS.

I suggest PJ1 2 1/2 wt fork oil set at abut 125mm.

The Golden Rule will help determine what spring rate you need.

Set bike on stand and put a mark ( magic marker works good ) on the rear fender. Measure from this point to a point on axle. Write this number down.

Set bike on ground to get your static sag. Bike unladen under it's own weight. Take measurement. Set sag at 40 to 45mm. Closer to 45 is best.

Now have some one measure the rider sag with you in your gear on the bike seated in normal riding position. NOT cornering seating. All your weight on bike. It should come to 110 to 115mm. If less than 110mm you need lighter spring. If more than 115mm you need heavier spring. Simple enough.

Do this and you will be rewarded with a very progressive feel to rear end on bike.

Now find a ditch you can jump into and bottom both ends at same time. Back off till you are bottoming softly at same time. Now go back in 1 click on both front and rear.

Now go ride !

Cher'o,

Dwight

• Like 1

I am setting my XCFW up with 115mm rider sag and 40mm static sag. 8.8kg spring. I weigh about 176-180 lbs. Front forks set at 75mm rider sag.

115mm oil level.

Dwight