Sign in to follow this  

My Husky 660 Sidecar pics

Holy Cow!. You got two guys airborne on a thumper! I heard you Brits have been racing the 576/610 motor for awhile, but that was awesome!

Started racing sidecars in 89 with a honda cr 500 in 97 put a 610 husky engine in and was laughed at, every one else were on zabels /mth/big bore two strokes.For afew seasons no one else would use a fourstroke, now in 07 75% use fourstrokes mainly ktm .Our husky finished 5 th in British champs 1 st fourstroke.The engine is a 02 570 stroked and bored to a 660 cc four speed.If anyone over in usa comes to uk and is interested in sidecars you can contact me.Paul

That is sheer craziness!

...and I like it. Thanks for the cool pictures.

paul

What do you use for suspension on the car? Should you have velcro on the floor to hold the passenger in?

That's hardcore:worthy:

The guy in the sidecar has to have a lotta' faith in the person in charge of driving (or riding or whatever).

My hat's off to you. Pretty awesome!

Yes it did. Was orginally a 570TC, last year was converted to a 633 with a conversion kit. This year it was bored 2mm bigger and is now a 660. No problems as yet - fingers crossed.

WOW :lol: Dude, that freaking crazy. How does that front suspension work? Nice frame :applause: Husaberg with a husky motor?

I love it...I send the pics to my wife....she said" is that a "need" item ?"

What's up w/the clutch?

I'm guessing water cooled.

That frame is cool. Is there no load on the top triple? Why is it so thin? Also like the kill switch for the get off as i guess something like that might keep going without you :applause:

Nice work.......

P1010003.jpg

What's up w/the clutch?

Isnt that the magnito side of the engine??? maybe its some kind of forced air cooling??? Just guessing here...

Ck

That front suspension is just like the front end of my old Lambretta GP200(Sil). Albeit, a little more diesel. :applause:

Also, digging the extended swingarm.

G'day, from Oz:thumbsup:

Just a quickie? I race a 02 Husky 570 TE in Motard/Road racing, and I'm rebuilding my motor after it chewed up a big End, It looks like it was the hard facing came off the rod, anyone have this before? I'm looking at getting a new Aftermarket rod, But Carrillo don't have one listed, (only the earlier model), anyone else make one? Time's short as I need to be back on the track in a few weeks, and putting a orig rod back in might be only option, just not too keen if it's a weak link?

What rod do you guys use? what's the bore and stroke to get 660? and what piston?

Cheers.

corsa:thumbsup:

Sweet ride, I would love to see that run in person.