06-07 CRF 450's? Still have problems? info needed

do the newer crf450s still have the valve trouble that they used to?

i know they are awesome bikes but the 03-04's were rotten for eating up valves. ive seen it happen to MANY that were well maintained to say the least.

anyone have any info on the new bikes? debating on getting one and need all the info/help i can get.

2006 crf450, 200 hours, just recently put valves in because the intakes moved alittle, plus its winter and i had nothing else to do. that is also 200 hours of pure hard motocross laps and was usually bouncing off the revlimiter 1-2 times a lap. id say go for it, i couldn't be happier

2006 crf450, 200 hours, just recently put valves in because the intakes moved alittle, plus its winter and i had nothing else to do. that is also 200 hours of pure hard motocross laps and was usually bouncing off the revlimiter 1-2 times a lap. id say go for it, i couldn't be happier

Sounds like my trusty '04. It's still running on the original top end and going strong. It's probably time to freshen it up, and I have the parts to do it, but it runs as good today as the day I bought it new.

:applause:?

My 06 has almost 40 hours, had the valves checked @ 30 hours and they were a little out. Bike runs strong!

Havent had a problem with my 06. Well valve related, had a few issues with the carb but played with a thing or two and its good to go. Other than that little issue and a few things that came about due to me wrecking(hehe), mostly just bending things, runs like a champ. Pulled a massive holeshot in the last race with it in fact. I tend to ride in the higher RPM range as well.

Yes there were a few unlucky guys, but they hold up better than people let on.

They are 2-piece titanium valves(1.valve head 2. valve stem) & then they are welded together, & well what do ya know, the weak spot is at the weld(not rocket science). So when they make them 1-piece, or go to stainless, that is when people will say the problem is fixed.

Hope it helps

K-9

my 03 must of slipped through the cracks because it has an eternal life as stock never been touched and still to this day runs like the day i got it

same with mine and another buddy that has an '03. With that said, I did just replace mine a few rides ago just because I ddin't want to deal with tearing it apart again if they ever did go out....I replaced the whole top end just for maintenance reasons, everything was still in spec...just figured after 200+ hours on it, I should do some PM work before it did finally give way as I went to launch off a big jump:eek: :applause:

A few engine builders, a couple from this site, said the primary reason why their valves went was because the clowns that owned the bikes either didn't clean the air filter or just couldn't figure out how to put it back on properly thus leaving BIG gaps for dirt to pass right by it:bonk:

same with mine and another buddy that has an '03. With that said, I did just replace mine a few rides ago just because I ddin't want to deal with tearing it apart again if they ever did go out....I replaced the whole top end just for maintenance reasons, everything was still in spec...just figured after 200+ hours on it, I should do some PM work before it did finally give way as I went to launch off a big jump:eek: :eek:

A few engine builders, a couple from this site, said the primary reason why their valves went was because the clowns that owned the bikes either didn't clean the air filter or just couldn't figure out how to put it back on properly thus leaving BIG gaps for dirt to pass right by it:bonk:

amen brother----:applause: ......i have had the parts to redo mine for 2 years now----i have it all on the shelf-----head--valves and related pieces--cylinder--pistonand rings--cam chain and guides and sprocket--gaskets--the whole head assembly is going to ron hamp to get the ferrea's coated someday----i think i am going to go another year because i know this thing will do it----although i have an 07 also to ride---i think i am going to switch bikes on every other ride:thumbsup: