Sign in to follow this  

So, I was putting on my IMS Pro-Pegs....

Looks like my left side mount is tweeked...Bummer, It's $50....

The right side looks good

footpeg_0051.jpg

Left side.....Not so good.

footpeg_0041.jpg

Both from the top

footpeg_0081.jpg

The stockers

footpeg_001.jpg

BTW, did you buy the series 4, or the other "super stock" (not all polished and less sharp)?!

I found the Series 4 were the best upgrade. Super stock were still "stock" feeling because of the less agressive teeth.

LOL, DD! Sledge hammer works good on those bends. Now if you would QUIT riding that thing and polish it all day like a poser you wouldn't be having these problems!!!

They are the stainless Pro-Pegs "series 4"

I took a deadblow to the old peg & mount at lunch to see if I could straighten it out to no avail.

Wierd thing is the mount does not look tweaked at all, It HAS to be though as the pegs are cast, if one was bad there would be hundreds.....

LOL, DD! Sledge hammer works good on those bends. Now if you would QUIT riding that thing and polish it all day like a poser you wouldn't be having these problems!!!

Sorry man....someone's got to ride.......:applause:

Looks like my left side mount is tweeked...Bummer, It's $50....

The right side looks good

footpeg_0051.jpg

Left side.....Not so good.

footpeg_0041.jpg

Both from the top

footpeg_0081.jpg

The stockers

footpeg_001.jpg

DD, mine are the same way, and I put the pegs on with only 15 miles of time on the bike.

DD, mine are the same way, and I put the pegs on with only 15 miles of time on the bike.

Uh oh.....I think I may have ordered a part that I didnt need....I think a little grind here and there will solve my issue.

Uh oh.....I think I may have ordered a part that I didnt need....I think a little grind here and there will solve my issue.

Does this mean it could still be offset some even with the new bracket?? Kinda strange.:applause:

WHat about you Cubera...you have aftermarket pegs?? how do they look?

I can grind off the stop pad (part of the peg that stops it's downward motion) and I can grind the part of the mount that the stop pad hits.

I'm using running boards otherwise known as EVO 3 in the lowboy position.....They are pretty nice but too wide for me. I like to be able to rock my boot on the foot peg a little and I can't do it with these planks. I'm probably going with Sunline Ti pegs next if I can get a deal on them:busted:

I'm using running boards otherwise known as EVO 3 in the lowboy position.....They are pretty nice but too wide for me. I like to be able to rock my boot on the foot peg a little and I can't do it with these planks. I'm probably going with Sunline Ti pegs next if I can get a deal on them:busted:

Thats what kept me from buying them.

Do they come straight off the bike or is the left side cocked back??

DD -

I'll check when I get home, but I believe my IMS Pro-series pegs, which I installed before I even rode the bike for the first time, are offset a bit. I remember noticing the "offset" when I installed them, and not paying too much attention to it thinking it was just me obsessing about it. I'll have a look when I get home and post my findings. Kev

Thats what kept me from buying them.

Do they come straight off the bike or is the left side cocked back??

I bought a set of F3's off ebay, the left side was cocked just like your pic, I ended up grinding on the stops.

DD -

My pegs are not as tweaked as yours, but they are definately not as straight as the stock pegs. I certainly have not noticed it in the slightest while riding. Kev