Sign in to follow this  

Yesterday

Went riding from silverwod lake over to the Pinnacles area. Weather was perfect. Along the way there was an older couple hiking, and the husband had apparently fallen while walking in a creek bed, and hit his head pretty good. He didn't know his name or anything. :lol:

So my dad gave them a ride back to their car which was about 200 yards away (dad rides a quad) They were very gracious that a wild bunch of outlaws on motorcycles helped them out. :applause:

So basically it was an awesome day of riding, and I cant wait to go back now that I know the trails a lot better. Oh, and BTW, we were talking to the ranger at pinnacles and he told us that it it not legal to offload at the Silverwood dam area. That's where we always stage from and I thought it was fine? Next time we'll stage at pilot rock.

Great! Between this and the guy who saved that woman down in the desert last week our rep as a bunch of wild, toughguy, hooligans is going to be totally shot.

Thanks a lot man. I bought a dirtbike to be a "badboy". Now how am I going to score chicks if they think we're all fuzzy and caring and responsible in' sh!t?

Seriously, good job.

That hiking stuff is dangerous.

That hiking stuff is dangerous.

ha ha, never thought of it in that perspective. :applause:

Went riding from silverwod lake over to the Pinnacles area. Weather was perfect. Along the way there was an older couple hiking, and the husband had apparently fallen while walking in a creek bed, and hit his head pretty good. He didn't know his name or anything. :lol:

So my dad gave them a ride back to their car which was about 200 yards away (dad rides a quad) They were very gracious that a wild bunch of outlaws on motorcycles helped them out. :lol:

So basically it was an awesome day of riding, and I cant wait to go back now that I know the trails a lot better. Oh, and BTW, we were talking to the ranger at pinnacles and he told us that it it not legal to offload at the Silverwood dam area. That's where we always stage from and I thought it was fine? Next time we'll stage at pilot rock.

Good job on the rescue!

I rode up there that day too. I staged at the dam along with about 10 to 15 other OHVers. If it's not legal, their sure not enforcing it.....at least not yet.:applause:

Good job on the rescue!

I rode up there that day too. I staged at the dam along with about 10 to 15 other OHVers. If it's not legal, their sure not enforcing it.....at least not yet.:applause:

Yeah, I always thought that place was legal.

Its on the map. The ranger is mistaken

Actually the ranger is right. If you look at the map that 1/4-1/2 mile dirt road that takes you from the Silverwood Dam parking lot to the 2N17X/2N33 junction is for street legal vehicles only. They don't seem to enforce it and until this thread I always thought it was legal. I'll have to remember that when I go there with my red or green sticker bikes. If they want to they can ticket you.

Actually the ranger is right... If they want to they can ticket you.

Bastards! :applause:

Good thing I don't ride over there much.

On another note...

I was staged over at Tressles on Sunday and was checked for a Spark arrestor, green sticker and adventure pass when I entered. Several minutes later I was stopped on the trail and checked for a spark arrestor and green sticker (by the same ranger mind you). Got back to my truck and there was a ticket on the windshield for not having an adventure pass. It was on the dash, not hanging from the mirror so they wrote me up.

I used to give the rangers the benefit of the doubt, I'm now convinced they're all dumb asses! In the San Bernardinos anyway.

Got back to my truck and there was a ticket on the windshield for not having an adventure pass.

What is this "adventure pass"?

I've been in the tahoe and eldorado NF and never needed such a document

We stage there all the time. A ranger pulled in and just waved. My bike is plated but my buddys yz250 isn't. I had my adventure pass in the window so who knows.