Sign in to follow this  

WANTED: '05-'07 Rims

My friend has a '03 KX250, one of the years it came with the crappy rounded rims. Anyhow he has been wanting to get a complete rim assembly (Hub, spokes, rim) front and back but new the price is a little steep. Anyone on here with Newer rims that are straight and true that they want to get rid of?:applause:

I had great luck with those shoulderless rims on my old 125. Did they bend or break or something?

How much is your friend looking to spend?

I'm not sure to be honost, I just know he doesn't want to spend a grand buying all new.

I had great luck with those shoulderless rims on my old 125. Did they bend or break or something?

I think one of them bent, but I know the main reason is changing tires on them is a big hassle compared to the normal style.

I have 2 complete wheels sets. All of them are pretty much new and have sprockets, wheel spacers and disks. I may consider selling a set if the price is right. One of the sets is black Excel/Gold Talon hub combo + an extra matching rear.

If he dosen't like the shoulderless rims, he's going to hate almost anything else too. I know more than a few people that swap TO those rims for desert racing and enduro stuff. Also, there is no difference on how hard it is to change tires. I bet ya that he just wants that Excel look because everybody else has it. Kawasaki stopped using them because they cost more than the standard DID. That's it.