Sign in to follow this  

powervalve question.

Hi Guys,

I have sold my TE and bought another 2 smoke,

It starts and runs O.K., (I've not used it much yet), but when it's cold there are puffs of smoke from the powervalve "breather /vent" hoses, is this normal?

I'm guessing that as the bike is cold ,the exhaust gases are also cold ,and not running clear yet. and that's why I can see the smoke from the vent lines.

Can anyone please let me know if this sounds normal, or should I look a bit deeper before using the bike seriously,

Thanks, Charlie

Hi Charlie

Congratulations on the new bike.

Some more info could be helpful. 125, 250 or 360? CR or WR? Year?

I do not recall any vent hoses coming from the power valve in my ’05 WR 250. You are not talking about the engine breather hose are you? Some pictures maybe?

Varesecrazy, from the powervalve breather hose(just one as the other one is capped close) escapes smoke especially during blipping the throttle as it has a open connection with the powervalves and the valves itself have holes in them. Not too much must escape though otherwise the powervalves have a lot of blowby. Assuming yr bike is rather new that won't be the issue. So happy riding.

It is rather noticable with colder weather.

Sorry, I typed in a rush in my lunch break ,and realised later that I'd not named the model ...DUH !!

Its a 2001 /2002 CR 125, not quite sure which year yet!!

Yes one line has a valve on , the other is a little damaged on the end so I was unsure wether there has been a valve / breather there also.

As I said the bike sounds o.k. , but my old Cagiva didn't have any vent lines on it,

I'll have to learn some to join the 21st century..:applause:

Thanks for your replies, Charlie

Totally normal. RM's do it,too. Wow, Husky's powervalve setup is amazingly similar to Suzuki's! Wierd! Come to think of it, Husky 250's have a powervalve setup similar in function to the awesome 90's Honda CR250's. Husky knows a design worth copying.