Suspension adjustment

Does anyone know how heavy of a rider the stock settings are for on an 06 yz250f? Im not sure what clickers to adjust (front or rear) to make my suspension softer. I have a manual I could refer to and learn how to do it, But im not sure what exaactly I need to adjust. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

What is yore weight? What type of riding do you do? I think that the rear spring would be pushing at around 200-210 lbs. Front springs should be fine.

Check out this post as it is very informative. ( few down from yours )

Its my understanding from what these guys have found that the bike is a bit oversprung. ( Cant go by the manual )

I ride alot of woods and around 200 lbs with gear. I also ride an older YZ but found best settings by running the clickers all the way out, ( softer ), about 18 clicks from all the way in and then adjested in by two clicks until I found what I liked. First you need to set your race sag at 100mm or about 4 in.

Hope this Helps :applause:

06 YZ250F Spring Rates..is the Shock Oversprung?

I weigh 125-130 with gear. I know new springs would be the best option, but I don’t have the money for that right now. I ride trails and some mx but no racing. Id like to just set it up the softest I can without compromising the handling in anyway. Thanks for the help!

Read the manual and set the sag. Once you have the race sag set, you can check the free sag (difference between bike on stand with rear wheel hanging, and bike on the ground with just the weight of the rider). I forget what that is supposed to be (should be in manual, or will be on here or www.thumperfaq.com). If the free sag is off, you can tell if the spring is too stiff or not.

Having said that, at 130lbs with gear, I'm 99.9% positive that the stock spring is going to be too stiff.

I'm not good wtih clickers, I know the TT Store has a good DVD on suspension, been a while since I watched it.

Also when you say "without compromising handling in anyway", almost any adjustments will compromise something

Thanks for the help soulman...What would you guys reccomend as far as settings for my suspension?

Personal preference, I like it stiff so i don't bottom out on jumps. Sounds like you should go for inbetween, don't go too soft or it'll be a hard landing on big jumps.

Mine are set up with 125 mm of air space with the spring out and fully compressed tubes to the top rim. I believe you could go 135 mm and soften the end of the stroke some.

I would not mess with the rear rebound or hi speed. Just try turning your compression out 20 clicks or so and see how that feels. Set the rear sag 4.25". Somebody correct me if this is wrong.