Sign in to follow this  

A little work buys you an early ride at Worry-hut

Anyone willing to do some trail work for a few hours this weekend can also have the first ride of the year (two weeks before opening) at Wayehutta.

If you bring a quad expect to be hauling equipment around but if you're on a bike, we'll be ahead scouting each trail for winter damage and radio-ing back for the quads to get to work.:applause:

During these work weekends you can also camp at the staging area, not allowed during the rest of the year.

This is always a fun time and a good chance to join the club (SMORV). So bring a shovel, axe, tent, quad, bike or whatever and come check it out.

when does worry hut open for us "non-working slackers" who cant help out this weekend ? do you ride up there alot? we hit that place prob. about 10 times a year .

April 1st, same as Brown usually. I probably go there about that often too.

I"ll probably be headed up there easter weekend.

Me and a bud are heading up Sunday AM now.

Not sure how much work will still be going on but we're definitely planning on riding.

Maybe with the emphasis more on play than work we'll get some takers now, eh? :applause::eek:

Man we had a great ride! About half the trails had been scouted already by this morning so we had the pleasure of checking out the rest while the work crew waited to hear from us in the PL. The trails were a combination of frost and that weird half frozen mud but we actually had great traction. The really cool part though, was having it to ourselves.....we ripped through there like it was our own place. :eek::applause: