Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 dead battery??

Ok i have a ttr that clicks when i hit the estart. I put it on the tender to try and get it to charge. but after a few minutes its goes from red charging to blinking green which means battery greater than 80 percent full. do i just need to leave it on there longer or is the battery completely dead? I can kick start the bike but that is getting on my nerves.:applause::lol:

Ok i have a ttr that clicks when i hit the estart. I put it on the tender to try and get it to charge. but after a few minutes its goes from red charging to blinking green which means battery greater than 80 percent full. do i just need to leave it on there longer or is the battery completely dead? I can kick start the bike but that is getting on my nerves.:applause::eek:

Most battery tenders are for merely keeping the battery topped off, not re-charging it, therefore, the tender may very well likely be getting confused as to what it's doing.

Have you checked the voltage? If you have over 12V, then the problem is not your battery, but a connection somewhere along the line. Take apart all connections, ensure they are not corroded, and clean and place a dab of dielectric grease on each one to prevent corrosion.

Try charging with a regular charger, first check to make sure there are no cracks, bulges, or anything visibly awry on the exterior. Next, check the acid level, if it is low, do not recharge it. If all checks out, charge it on the lowest setting, (overnight) and then voltage test it. (should be 12.7-13.5 volts)

If after all this, it's still a no-go, get a new battery.