Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Wise?

Very good movie, shows you alot of different ways to practice certain things and has great footage. I would say go for it:thumbsup:

Yes I Think It Was Worth It. He Shows Some Good Practice Drills To Work On. I Did Have Trouble Playing It On My Home Computer Though ( Had To Watch It On Company Time)

Might not matter to some, but the video quality makes it worth it. You can actually see the controls being operated, something not possible with films made during the VHS era. Almost will make you wish they could remake all the old videos with modern HD equipment. Sure there is plenty of promotion and self-promotion, but the guy can ride. AND its only 25 bux.

One fun they do, is have wattsy and that other guy ride a corner in mock race conditions. Then they walk the corner, checking out the ruts and lines each took, with both riders talking about what was going on with their bike and what they were thinking.

I've been back in riding off road for two years, and this is the best instructional DVD I've yet seen. It's not about motocross riding (although many of the techniques do apply), but rather about riding trails fast. Shane Watts is a pretty amazing rider, and the DVD gives a lot of tips which you can use in practical situations....front and rear brake control, body position, peg weighting, techniques for hillclimbs and obstacles (like log & water crossings) etc.

Some of the practice exercises are very challenging too...throttle steering, front and rear wheel wheelies, front wheel skids...

It showed some great practice drills that I never thought about using when I said I was going to practice. We always get to where we were riding, and just rode. All the years I played sports, it never crossed my mind to do drills while on my bike. It was worth the money, I made sure my son watch it twice.

I bought it yesterday from my local bike shop watched it last night, i would say it's well worth 25 bucks! To anyone who rides or races off road there is something there for everyone. I will say that I have been to a Mike Lafferty enduro camp and he teaches almost same thing but it cost me about 675.00 dollars more. I would recomend when you watch it to take notes it's alot to take in at one time. :applause: dirtwise:thumbsup:

:applause: I spent the day out at Prairie City just doing the drills he recommends.

After a whole day of doing figure 8's, brake slides, front wheel skids, I was exhausted. I finished the day by doing log crossings/crashes. It was ugly. :eek:

The next week I went out and felt more confident on the bike. Saw the obstacle and thought, Yeah, I can do this! :lol:

Still crashed my brains out, but knew what I was doing and doing wrong! :lol: Next week I'll work on the next thing. In another year, heck, I may actually be good!

it was a great video and shoes a lot about control, balance and different practice techniques. But they do interviews on these other racers and all they talk anout is how good of a rider shane watson is and it gets old quick there bust b like 7 sceens with people braging about how good he is.

Worth it? That depends on your current skill level, I think. If you have mastered the controls and can hop logs and pic lines through corners, then probably not worth it. I would spend 25 bucks on fuel and haul the bike somewhere and go riding. It is a good refresher on the basics and has a few good drills to practice but the darn DVD has commercials in it! About half of the content is listening to friends of Wattsy telling you how bad ass he is. I think they could have despensed with the adds and B.S. and put in a segment on bike preparation or tire changing ect... and it would be a 10. However, you can choose not to watch the entire DVD and just view the riding content by selecting the itemized content in the menu at start up. Google videos on enduro, motocross instruction, ect and you can get quite a few good clips of the same type of stuff, only free. just my .02.

Yeah,

That bragging about him gets old fast, but they were smart, it's all in the front of the DVD. Just skip that part with a push of a button and it flips right to the riding instructions. The 2nd time I watched it I was happy that they put all that BS in the front, easily avoidable.

The advance section is beneath your level of riding? Line selection and how to use the trail to avoid obstacles is old hat? It's amazing that you ever purchased this item in the 1st place.

OK, rant off.

I'm with jamas......... I've spent mucho $$$$$ elsewhere without this level of detail. This was the best $26 I've spent on improving my technique. :applause:

Nice rant...Never said that the advanced section was beneath my riding level slick, just an eval of the video. I'm never suprised at how guys will run off at the mouth while sitting behind a computer and sipping a soda though.

Ok, rant off.

However, watching Wattsy "flog" his buddy through a corner and putting some eval on that line selection was awesome and I watched it several times repeatedly.

I bought mine straight from Wattsy's pits at "The General" GNCC @ Washington Ga. If I had been a minute sooner, I could have gotten him to sign it too. But anyway...It's well worth the price. Some people have mentioned the video quality, and I must say, that is one of the great things about it. I highly recommend it. Oh...the sound is really great too, you actually here the bike !!:bonk::naughty: