Sign in to follow this  

450x and dirtbike mag.

well i was in the store and i saw the new dirtbike mag,it had the 450 enduro shootout so being a proud 450x owner i bought it wanting to see how it would do.i know the x is getting a little old now but we can all atest to its strenghts. they said it would take $1000 in motor work to make it competitive including a cam and piston,thats bull! a stock uncorked x will run with any of those other bikes no problem and they said it was just a good trail bike,well tell that to the guy who just won this weekends gncc on a x, bet it had the stock cam in it! and the piston is the same as the r. i wonder if there looking for some one to write articles who knows what there talking about!!!!! :applause:

THose guys are tripping, I can run with R's all day long in the desert and woods with my X. (unless Im riding with a professional rider, then all bets are off)

LOL...They didn't do the basic mods I guess. People are really frustrated about the 450X. Honda hit it out of the park and nobody has caught up yet. FWIW, I really like the power on a dialed in R too but not for any distance. Apples and oranges comparison and a cheap shot at that. (I have not read the article and probably won't).

I'm cancelling my subscription! Just kidding. I don't take all these things as gospel, cause I(we) know better. But the 07 is basically an 05, not much difference and the other 3 are their latest version that have been upgraded. Just wait till 08, I don't think Honda will be sitting still. FI, new ergos(slimmer) and 15 lbs lighter would be good for me

I love how they mention needing to run an R piston and cam hello mcfly the frigging piston is the same damn part retards the cam on the otherhand yeah the x could use a bigger cam

Bryce

Dirtbike mag has a total bias against honda, and its really evident in a lot of there writings. Where does it come from? Does anybody remember a dirtbike magazine article about 7 years ago when dirtbike magazine put cr250 inverted forks on a 650r? I remember the magazine saying that honda really condemed that act saying that the cr250 forks wern't designed for that type of bike. Honda then made the magazine put out a disclaimer about the act saying that the inverted forks should not be placed on the 650r. Dirtbike mag did not like that honda was telling them what to do. Since then the magazine has been subtly and not so subtly trashing the honda name ever since. And since then, and I've been picking up this mag for about the past 10 or so years, they have really been favoring yamahas over the honda..........shit does anybody else remember this? While its still my favorite mag, I just ignore what they say about hondas cause I know they are the most tried and trued bike on the market, period. Its really horrible how they endorse yamaha at every chance even when they put out a shity redesigned 450 and say it turns awesome and does everything great.....BS Dirtrider seems to be the most honest of the magazines but god it seems like the writing, graphic layout, and the pictures in that mag have gone downhill.........whew, im may never type this much again in my life. peace

P.s I can't wait to get this bike!

Dirtbike mag has a total bias against honda, and its really evident in a lot of there writings. Where does it come from? Does anybody remember a dirtbike magazine article about 7 years ago when dirtbike magazine put cr250 inverted forks on a 650r? I remember the magazine saying that honda really condemed that act saying that the cr250 forks wern't designed for that type of bike. Honda then made the magazine put out a disclaimer about the act saying that the inverted forks should not be placed on the 650r. Dirtbike mag did not like that honda was telling them what to do. Since then the magazine has been subtly and not so subtly trashing the honda name ever since. And since then, and I've been picking up this mag for about the past 10 or so years, they have really been favoring yamahas over the honda..........shit does anybody else remember this? While its still my favorite mag, I just ignore what they say about hondas cause I know they are the most tried and trued bike on the market, period. Its really horrible how they endorse yamaha at every chance even when they put out a shity redesigned 450 and say it turns awesome and does everything great.....BS Dirtrider seems to be the most honest of the magazines but god it seems like the writing, graphic layout, and the pictures in that mag have gone downhill.........whew, im may never type this much again in my life. peace

P.s I can't wait to get this bike!

I could not agree more. I subscribe to both Dirtbike and Dirt Rider, and i think Dirt Rider is a much better mag. Better written, better topics, and more balance. I own the a Honda crf450x and some of what Dirt Bike said is true, some is distorted. The price difference between a KTM and a Honda is one of many glaring problems with the article.

Eaaaasyyy.... that's a 450R... not X.

And it's nothing new. :eek:

so, you saying that the 08 R will get FI but the X won't :applause:

so, you saying that the 08 R will get FI but the X won't :applause:

If I didn't say... I didn't "say" it. :lol:

Since I don't ride an R, nor care to buy an R... or care to buy a bike with FI next year.... I have NO IDEA what's coming with FI in '08. So no, I didn't say an R will get FI and the X won't.

The video was put up in an X forum... I merely specified it's an R. I don't want TTers to be mislead buy the post or the posting of the video.

:eek:

I don't believe that these mags are too bias,i mean everyone has a fave in a bike shootout.

The days when Honda put out a new model and it was the best by a country mile are long gone lads,all the bikes out there are really really good bikes.

I mean i don't like Yamaha's but it's only because they have been Honda's main rival for a few decades,but actually they are a good rig.The 5 valve thing is the best head out there but unfortunately it is attached to a Yamaha.

Yammies are blue here in Australia and blue is poo.

Honda's feel like home it might be a broken home but it's home.

I'm cancelling my subscription! Just kidding. I don't take all these things as gospel, cause I(we) know better. But the 07 is basically an 05, not much difference and the other 3 are their latest version that have been upgraded. Just wait till 08, I don't think Honda will be sitting still. FI, new ergos(slimmer) and 15 lbs lighter would be good for me

The weight is good right now I think, If the bike loses 15 pounds then it will not work as good off road. It would be more like the R and just bounce off every thing. Little extra weight is good offroad. Plus if you want the bike to lose 15 pounds, just take off the electric start and your there.

The weight is good right now I think, If the bike loses 15 pounds then it will not work as good off road. It would be more like the R and just bounce off every thing. Little extra weight is good offroad. Plus if you want the bike to lose 15 pounds, just take off the electric start and your there.

First of all. The bikes in that 450 test are all comparable. No one has a real world advantage. You have to put the skidplates and handguards and then weigh them. They all are within 5 lbs of each other. So any statements otherwise are BS.An estart 450 4 stroke weighs 250+ no matter what you do.

I'm not sure what DB was doing saying a 450X needs a $1K :lol: in motor mods to stay with the others. They must be smoking crack! My 450X with a the usual free and minor cost mods is stronger in some respects than my old 525EXC!

The KTM boards have always been crying favoritism by the mags towards the japanese brands. Now it may have swung the other way. The 450X is the best competition off road bike I have ever ridden and will literally turn circles around a KTM 450 XC-W.:eek:

Very strange.:applause:

The 450X is the best competition off road bike I have ever ridden and will literally turn circles around a KTM 450 XC-W.:eek:

Very strange.:applause:

AMEN BROTHER PREACH IT!!!!!!!!!